Thread: Shall I replace one of my players?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Shall I replace one of my players?

Hey!

In a 1 year league, points only with a cap, I am allowed to make 2 free agent replacements during the season and am wondering if I should be patient with these guys or replace them?

My guys that I would like to drop - Gagne, Versteeg, Huselius

Available players of interest - Rene Bourque, Callahan, Cullen, Williams, Moulson, Kopecky, Stafford

Shall I be patient until a serious injury occurs and keep my 2 transactions for now?
    14 Team Keeper League (Keep 6 players)

- 9F, 4D, 1G
    - Salary Cap $89.6 Million using Annual Salary
    - Players 1 pt: G/A
    - Goalies 2 pts: W, 3 pts: SO

F: Thompson, Fiala, Bratt, Debrincat, Boldy
    D: Fox

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Huselius was just fine before the foot issue. I expect him to be his 60+ point self when he returns. Keep him.

Gagne: Personally, i'd have faith that he's going to turn this around. Keep him around too.

The only guy i'd be truly concerned about is Versteeg. However, I think it's too early to drop him for guys who are clearly playing above there heads right now.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    Huselius was just fine before the foot issue. I expect him to be his 60+ point self when he returns. Keep him.

Gagne: Personally, i'd have faith that he's going to turn this around. Keep him around too.

The only guy i'd be truly concerned about is Versteeg. However, I think it's too early to drop him for guys who are clearly playing above there heads right now.
    Ok thanks!

I'm worried about Versteeg too with 2 points in 8 games on the 1st line pretty much..

- 9F, 4D, 1G

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Now with Huselius out between 2-6 weeks (possibly according to Rotoworld)...

Shall I make the move and go get Bourque to replace him?

- 9F, 4D, 1G

Dobber Sports Genius

Yea i'd take Bourque over both Versteeg and Huselius as he is one of the few 5 category threats

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Now I hear that Gagne is still not playing for at least 4 games as he didn't make the road trip. I think I may switch things up and get Bourque to replace him for now and keep 1 trade for later when something more serious happens!!

Good idea?

- 9F, 4D, 1G

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd agree with Versteeg being the weaker of those 3..

Rene Bourque - always an injury concern but produces in spurts across all cats
    Callahan - playing excellent right now but the big boys for NYR are all injured - dunno if he can keep it up when they come back
    Cullen - prolly most reliable name here and least flashy, has opp to make offensive role with the Wild
    Williams - always a good scorer but well known injury history
    Moulson - rides shotgun w/Tavares. solid pick
    Kopecky - uncharted territory for him, getting 1st PP time with Hawks
    Stafford - Sabres need scoring from somewhere & seems like every year I'm wondering if this'll be the year he goes off.. doubt it

Depending on your willingness to take risks - the fact that you're willing to burn one of your 2 season long moves tells me you're ok with that. Williams and Bourque have the potential to net you the most points but they're both injury risks. Outside of that, Cullen or Moulson are prolly the safest plays but do you really wanna play it safe?
    --

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniNation View Post
    I'd agree with Versteeg being the weaker of those 3..

Rene Bourque - always an injury concern but produces in spurts across all cats
    Callahan - playing excellent right now but the big boys for NYR are all injured - dunno if he can keep it up when they come back
    Cullen - prolly most reliable name here and least flashy, has opp to make offensive role with the Wild
    Williams - always a good scorer but well known injury history
    Moulson - rides shotgun w/Tavares. solid pick
    Kopecky - uncharted territory for him, getting 1st PP time with Hawks
    Stafford - Sabres need scoring from somewhere & seems like every year I'm wondering if this'll be the year he goes off.. doubt it

Depending on your willingness to take risks - the fact that you're willing to burn one of your 2 season long moves tells me you're ok with that. Williams and Bourque have the potential to net you the most points but they're both injury risks. Outside of that, Cullen or Moulson are prolly the safest plays but do you really wanna play it safe?
    Nope I love taking risks!! But as you mentionned, I'm very considered of the injury risks of these players. Maybe I'll wait a little while to get some injury confirmations (Gagne, Huselius) and then re-evaluate. It will be less risky at that point since I only have two moves to make. The season could be very long if I need these moves later on!!

Thanks so much!!

- 9F, 4D, 1G