Thread: three wise men

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default three wise men

i\'ve reached an impasse in my one year points only league: which three of these five would you keep--
    lang
    dury
    mcdonald
    arnott
    kopitar
    ?
    what does your gut tell you?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default three wise men

i wish i hadn\'t made that spelling mistake--drury--or else shoeless will be all over my ass...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default three wise men

My choices would be McDonald, Arnott, Kopitar.

I...am your father.

Default three wise men

reeveta wrote:
    My choices would be McDonald, Arnott, Kopitar.
    Mine too
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default three wise men

i don\'t like arnott...

McDonald, Kopitar and Lang.. he might have a couple of years left in him

especially with the youth of the team... they\'ll need to keep him around for his leadership qualities
    10 team, 1 Year H2H
    F - (G,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,PPP,SHG,SHA,SOG
    G - (W,GA,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO)

C – Malkin(LW), Stastny, Elias(LW)
    RW – Perry, Gaborik, St. Louis,
    LW – Hartnell(RW), Bertuzzi (RW)
    D – Murphy, Corvo, Schneider, Spachek
    G – Miller, Bryzgalov, Biron, Niittymaki
    IR - Crosby

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default three wise men

Mhockey1505 wrote:
    i don\'t like arnott...

McDonald, Kopitar and Lang.. he might have a couple of years left in him

especially with the youth of the team... they\'ll need to keep him around for his leadership qualities
    I agree. Kopitar and McDonald for sure, the 3rd is a toss-up, but I\'d take Lang.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default three wise men

Kopitar is easily my first choice and then i take McDonald second, the 3rd choice is difficult though. others are suggesting Arnott or Lang and sorry to muddy things up a bit but i\'d take Drury as the 3rd choice.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default three wise men

I think Arnott will have a solid second half with Rads picking it up, especially on the PP.

Kopitar second just because the young talent is too tempting

Andy McD because you pretty much know what you get there
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default three wise men

Mephisto - the only thing that spelling error cost you was a big hit to your karma to post ratio.

Your post brings up an interesting question for me - what is the difference between a points league and a points only league - if there is one?

My view on Drury is he is not a fantasy points giant and won\'t be now that Gomez has cozyied up to Jagr and some opportunities are bound to swing Avery\'s way now that he is back so he would be numero uno dump for me. Drury\'s name on FA might also cause someone in your league to do something dumb.

I won\'t bother with McDonald\'s YTD stats as he has shifted to a new venue and the game has changed for him but his comparison here is for the 5 games he has played in St. Louis. Just some food for thought.

Fantasy points per game in your league for this season.

McDonald - 1.84 (5 games)-this number can jump quickly with a couple of good games of course. It\'s low because he has been sucking the minuses and very few shots on goal and a princess when it come to PIMs
    Lang - 3.18
    Arnott - 3.25
    Kopitar 3.08
    Drury - 2.47

Frankly I would go with the numbers - Backstrom of late has been charting better FPG than a few of these guys and he is on FA in your league - so dumping McDonald is not like you are taking a big risk. and a little birdie told me that Marleau is likely to hit the wire soon as well.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default three wise men

thanks for the help guys,i think i\'ll try arnott, kopitar, and mcdonald...as shoeless has reminded me, there\'s plenty of talent at centre on the FA in our league which only makes my decision easier...
    btw, what\'s this karma-thing?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default three wise men

Karma - oh that\'s a special system for recognizing a guy for his contribution in a post - might be great advice, something funny, payment of a wager, that sort of thing. We have 1 karma to give every 6 hours.

If you trade me Zetterberg for Dustin Brown for instance, you will get at least 100 karma for me. That means it would take me 25 days to finish your karma job.

By the way - good call on keeping McDonald - he didn\'t even play today - guess he\'s afraid of Sharks.