Thread: Dustin Byfuglien / Mike Green were to invest ?

Della Madonna

Default Dustin Byfuglien / Mike Green were to invest ?

Hi guys,

Ive been sick for a while and hospitals don\'t have central ice, i missed allot of hockey but now im home and well

Im in a keeper league points only, more or less 60 dmen are drafted already and about 20 rookie dmen (for us a rookie is a player that counts less then 60 nhl game before making him active. if he dosent acheive it in 3 years then we decide to send him to the waivers of infilate him in ours roaster). Therefore their isent much and a good offensive defencemen are hard to find and nothing is left to grab

I have a spot to invest at the D position, im intriged by this 245 pounds 6 foot 3 monster Dustin Byfuglien, anybody as info on him... I havent seen him play very much any info will be appreciated.

Dustin Byfuglien
    Braydon Coburn
    Duncan Keith
    Mike Green

these are the top young guys that im interested.

I know i should invest on Green but this Dustin dude as pretty good stats and shoots the puck allot. Is WHL stats are ok but he wasent playing with any top forward thefore i consider is number to be very good. Plus i like the size and he is averaging about 18 minuts per game so far.

I know how good Green is i saw him play allot more then Dustin.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Im looking for a young D that can devellope and of course playing on a team that will actually see some PP time.

Thansk guys

MDM

Dobber Sports Initiate

First of all, good to hear you\'ve recovered and are back in the hockey world :cheer:

The beauty upside is byfuglien\'s chance to stick as a winger, if you can grab him and pass him off as a D while he\'s getting top line forward minutes you can\'t lose. If he ends back on D then it\'s a much closer battle. Everyone has been impressed with Byfuglien\'s improved play since his weight loss, he\'s become a monster prospect out of nowhere. That scares me a bit, seems like the hype machine may be building him up a little more than he can deliver. Although he does have a big shot, and big size to lean on.

In chicago Barker is getting the callup and will get a look at PP time etc, he could if he produces quickly surplant Byfuglien as the hyped D and Byf could fall back into journeyman pretty quickly. Barker is a prized Blackhawk pick, and for the same reasons Fleury will get every chance in Pittsburgh, Barker will get a few more opportunities.

Green looks like he\'s coming along really well, he\'s played a little up front himself which is funny. I think his projected upside is higher than Byf\'s.

So yeah, Green is a much more sure thing over the next few years cause Dustin could be a flash in the pan nearing the end of his 15 minutes.
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Ace

della, glad to have you back and even gladder to hear you\'re well!

great post, pudge! karma for you. i don\'t think i could add any more to what you just said, if i tried!

actually, i think i will try. i would also keep an eye on cobourn on a young philly squad. he\'s been playing well and getting some pp time, although richards took his spot on the other point on the 1st peepee. i still think pudge has it nailed that green is the more solid choice at present and could potentially be on one of the more lethal power plays very soon, i just think cobourn deserves an eye because of his pedigree (and the fact that dobber himself has his upside 15 pts higher and currently has cobourn ranked 54 places ahead of green in the rankings)
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

littleguybigstik

I think green is the best pick as he is a good offensive threat and the new coach in washinton loved him on the farm. Byf could be a flash in the pan or they just might convert him to full time fwd if barker can put his toolbox together.. if green was gone i would then look at cobourn as the next best option. Seabrook will likely be the big point guy in chicago over keith.

typo88

This is a really tough one, and it comes down to... do you want to gamble?

Yes: Grab Byf, he is on a team with an explosive offense, and he seems to be right in the middle of it. I wont restate what pudge said, because well... its already been said.
    No: Take Green, he WILL develop into a good dman, and probably has a higher upside the Byf... but who knows, look where stastny came from last year.

Gl, glad to hear your well