Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: That was a goal!!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re:That was a goal!!

I really can\'t see why its that bad now. Sure one goal here and there is missed but really who\'s perfect. Why waste $ Millions $ of bucks on camera\'s. Give it to the teams so ticket prices aren\'t so OUTRAGEOUS. Spend it on hockey events during the summer for kids. I think the system is good enough. Maybe add another overhead camera and thats it. get a different angle just incase that water bottle is put in the way. Damn you HASEK. HA.. JR should just worry about next season and keeping the rest of his fangs intact if he does decide to come back.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Icon

You know... I\'m actually ok with the status quo too. I made the point earlier that the nhl was fine for years without the cameras... I\'m not suggesting that we go back to that, but I think there\'s always going to be human error... EVEN IF WE HAVE EVERY CAMERA ANGLE EVER, humans still review the tapes...

Z makes a good point... the more money they spend on cameras and such will go into ticket prices (it won\'t come out of their pockets).

Really, the way I see it, the same people review the tapes throughout the season, and the playoffs (every team calls \"toronto\" for the decision) so as long as there is some consistancy, it\'s fine. A decision could just as easily benefit the Sabres in tonight\'s game.

You always hear commentators say, \"oh I don\'t know if that was really a penalty\" when talking about a call that a ref made. Then 5 minutes later, the ref makes the same call against the other team ant the announcer will say, \"well at least they are being consistant.\"

That is all you can really ask for. Is that the standard is as consistant as possible. There\'s always going to be human error. But I would prefer to strive for consistancy over anything else...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Ace

Buffalo shouldn\'t bitch--they were on the right side of the decision on an identical goal against the Isles in game four.That goal also would have tied the game and perhaps allow the Isles to tie the series.
    God bless us,everyone of us!