Thread: Not liking my team

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Not liking my team

Finished a 14 team standard Yahoo H2H roto keeper with a sal-cap. Not a fan of my team so I have some work to do.

Rep for advice on where I need to prioritize and anything else.

C - Jeff Carter, Zetterberg, Tyler Bozak, Logan Couture

RW - Kyle Okposo, Jason Pomminville, Eric Fehr, Radim Vrbata

LW - Scott Hartnell, David Perron, Simon Gagne, Andy McDonald

D - Mike Green, Chris Pronger, Tobias Enstrom, Andy Greene, John-Michael Liles, Carlo Colaiacovo

G - Pekka Rinne, Michael Leighton, Brian Boucher

We start 2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G and 2 UTIL per night

Thanks

Dobber Sports Ace

A little more info would help, what categories do you use?

RW, LW and G stick out to me the most.

D is decent for now as is C

After Andy McDonald (if FW count) not a single winger is even close to top tier. all middling sorts of players.

Out of your whole team only Green and Rinne are elite (IMO) so you need to work around those guys and do not trade them for anything unless its a massive overpayment. Zetterberg and Carter are worthy of a mention too.

Look for bringing in a goalie while leighton injured as who knows what will happen in philly in goal. Khabi might be availble, and not in jail! Dallas unsurprisingly could also be an option here (raycroft or Krahn).

Dont sell low on Okposo just because he's injured, he is quality just not there yet.

Id be looking to acquire a top tier LW, ie Ryan, Marleau. by packaging some lesser pieces. after i sorted out my goal situation.

i wrote this assuming its a whole team keeper?

Good luck!
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Stud

Cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP,GWG, FW, W, GA, S%, SV SHO

It is a whole keeper. I picked 8th and I went Green first then after a run on goalies I grabbed Rinne 2nd. The salary cap kept a number of players of my roster. My wing needs help no doubt and I was thinking exactly that for Khabby.

Rep gun is empty but it will come

The Great One

The best place to start is to turn your immediate bargaining chips into value. Green is a guy you can float out there to try to get two players in return. Talk to the guy who owns Streit. He's probably panicked right now. If you can get Streit and a great winger for Green, you might consider it, since once next season rolls around you'll come out ahead and at least you get the forward's stats for now.

Another option would be to trade guys who command more value than they're actually worth. I see Pronger as being a good example. He's getting up there in years and at some point that will catch up to him and you don't want to be stuck with him then, as his points could take a huge hit. You could try to flip him for a younger D-man who is likely to produce at or near the same pace now and well into the future (e.g. Edler, Yandle), plus perhaps a reach forward who has a decent shot of breaking out this year or next (e.g., Eberle, Ennis, Evander Kane).

Also, Vrbata is bound to have a hot stretch - he does every year. When that happens, get rid of him, since it's safe to say at this point that there is no chance of him turning that into an elite season.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Can you take advantage of Zetterberg's C/LW elegibility?

If so, good centers are easier to find than good wingers (assuming you can put Zett at LW).
    15 teams full keeper league, NHL Salary cap + 10M$ (Cap hit)
    ROTO - Weekly lineups
    Cats : P, SOG, PPP, TKA, Hit, Blk, W, SV%
    12FW, 6D, 2G
    C: Eichel, Tavares, Rasmussen, Zacha
    W: Ehlers, Mantha, Caufield, Marner, Raymond, Tippett, Tuch
    D: Byram, Clifton, Fabbro, Hamilton, Hughes, Matheson, Schneider
    G: Grubauer, Forsberg, Francouz (minor eligible)

IR: Wilson, Couturier, Arvidsson, Chychrun