Thread: Tavares Projections

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Tavares Projections

I have a great team IMO (in sig) where I won the regular Season Pool last year (2nd in inaugural year previous) and with my additions this summer I should have enough playoff bound guys where I can realistically place in the money there too (playoffs are a crapshoot though). Anyways I have the F depth to move a guy like Tavares for a lesser player plus some picks, but no one seems to give the guy much credit in my pool.
    I am thinking the best bet is to hold onto him until he breaks out. This time last year I got Stamkos plus two early picks and lehtonen for Parise...and that worked out great. I guess my question is how do Dobberites think Tavares' next 3 seasons will go....75, 80+, 90+.? Is that realistic? The guys junior numbers are incredible and the NYI are starting to get some decent talent for him to play with. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

You count your top 8 F and I have Ovechkin, Stamkos, Thornton, Marleau, Tavares, St. Louis, Franzen, McDonald, Hudler etc. D is a little older but consistent, G I like for our format (Bryz, Brodeur, Turco, Lehtonen (if healthy). Should I just hang onto Tavares and reap the rewards? Any thoughts are appreciated.

note: you need to count one rookie every year and so far I just have tangradi, but I do have the 6th Overall pick so someone like Subban, Carlson, Ennis should be there hopefully. Rookies not available: kadri, repik, MPS, Grachev, Backlund, Stoa, Schenn, Hodgson.

Finally, who is a good rookie to pick late that wont play this year but should be a lock next eyar? (incase I trade all my picks this eyar

Full Keeper, 1pt G, 1pt A, 2pts W, 3pts SO
    (only count top 8F, 4D, 2G, and 1 Rookie each year)
    Separate Reg Season and Playoff Winners

F: Stamkos, Giroux, Thornton, St. Louis, Duchene, Hossa, Gaborik, Nash, M. Koivu, Briere, Ray Whitney, Franzen, Filppula, Clowe, McDonald, Read
    D: Edler, Chara, Voynov, Diaz, Larsson, Timonen
    G: Holtby, Niemi, Bryzgalov, Brodeur, Ramo, Vasilevski
    Farm (Rookies): Schultz, Conacher, Forsberg

Dobber Sports Ace

I think I would just hold onto Tavares for the time being. I definitely think he would take a little longer than Stamkos to break out (much younger talent pool - they are developing, unlike Vinny and St. Louis who are veterans). I think a good season from Tavares would be in the 60s, then in the 70s next year. I think you are looking at 2+ seasons before he has a realistic shot at being a PPG player.

If your competetors are aiming to get Tavares at value for a 60-70 point guy, then they are get a very good deal.

A rookie I would watch is Skinner, he seems to have turned some heads already, when he was expected to be heading back to juniors. Was touted by several as the best pure goal scorer in the 2010 draft.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Banned

i would go a little less optimistic for the next couple years but you aren't far off...if I had to guess he'll progress something like this:

2010-11: 65-70
    2011-12: 75-80
    2012-13: 85-100

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    i would go a little less optimistic for the next couple years but you aren't far off...if I had to guess he'll progress something like this:

2010-11: 65-70
    2011-12: 75-80
    2012-13: 85-100
    I agree with this.

And wouldn't be in a rush to trade Tavares. I just don't see the point. You won't get fair value for him right now because he hasn't done much yet. But like Stamkos, if he busts out in a year or two to become a 50 goal scorer with 30-40 assists to go along with it, you would regret any deal you made.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Youngbloods predictions
    2010-2011 - 33G - 31A - 64 points
    2011-2012 35G - 35A - 70 points
    2012-2013 38G - 42A - 80 points

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks everyone, had a client come in and had to get away for a bit, appreciate the feedback.

F: Stamkos, Giroux, Thornton, St. Louis, Duchene, Hossa, Gaborik, Nash, M. Koivu, Briere, Ray Whitney, Franzen, Filppula, Clowe, McDonald, Read

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

A client? Do you mean another GM in your league that is very interested in Tavares? Were you selling him on Tavares and his 100 point potential. That is smart, wine and dine him. I should try that in my leagues, set appointments to talk about some of my players.. HAHAHA..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    A client? Do you mean another GM in your league that is very interested in Tavares? Were you selling him on Tavares and his 100 point potential. That is smart, wine and dine him. I should try that in my leagues, set appointments to talk about some of my players.. HAHAHA..
    Ha ha, I wish. Maybe I will wear a Tavares jersey to the draft though, just to build the hype up a bit......