Thread: Time to drop Elias?

Torture

Default Time to drop Elias?

Been seeing that the trend around here is that people are starting to drop Elias. So, is it time to part ways with Patrick and try to find a new beginning? :laugh:

1 Year League, in my sig...I dress 2 at each forward position, 4 on D, and 2 goalies each week. Here\'s some of the guys I\'m thinking about replacing him with...bear with me as there\'s a number of options.

Harding: Seems to be getting a lot of the starts now, lots of people in my league are looking for goalie help...will he take the #1 job?

Huet: Should get his job back....or is the Price right :laugh: (Come to think of it, I\'m pretty sure Price is available too...but it\'s only a 1 yr league)

Drury: Thinking Elias maybe leaves my center depth a bit light as I wouldn\'t really want to have to dress Horton at C

Roy: Same as Drury...but Drury\'s probably a better option right? NM Just read the ramblings....apparently he\'s injured

Gomez: ditto

Penner: Really seems to have turned it on of late...and he\'s a C/LW/RW which is nice

Kozlov: Playing with Hossa now...\'nuff said

Afinogenov: Available, but not really considering him too much since he\'s RW

Dobber Sports Demi-God

with 24 points in the last 22 games I think it makes sense to grab Gomez - Roy is injured, you really don\'t need a goalie. I think Gomez is the pick of the litter - and oh yeah - it is time to put Elias in recycling.

I am intrigued by Penner - slid him on my points roster for a game and a look see (doing a little streaming waiting on Gagne)- I think he is worth watching.

Dobber Sports Stud

I would definitely pick up Gomez. With how he\'s been playing, I\'d even start Gomez over B.Richards.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Torture

with 24 points in the last 22 games I think it makes sense to grab Gomez - Roy is injured, you really don\'t need a goalie. I think Gomez is the pick of the litter - and oh yeah - it is time to put Elias in recycling.
    Thing with Gomez is I don\'t really see myself dressing him over Brad Richards or Thornton except for in situations where they only have 2 games in the week so I\'m hesitant to pick up a Center.

I realize Gomez and Richards are pretty equal for points, but Richards is money in the bank for shots....how he doesn\'t score more goals with the amount he shoots is beyond me.

you really don\'t need a goalie.
    I\'m aware of that...the reason I put the goalies up there is because a couple of people in my league are realizing hey....I need goaltending since it\'s 50% of my stats, so I\'m thinking if they put together some good stats I flip them for a 70-80 point forward while they\'re hot.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I did see the rationale on the goalie thing but it would pretty much depend on how trade free your league is - carrying a goalie until someone bites might depreciate the production you get. I wonder with your team how much you could really expect to upgrade your wingers - they are pretty damn solid and heating up.

Frankly I wonder if Horton is much of a deal this year - wouldn\'t take much for me to dump him and elias for Gomez and Penner

Torture

Frankly I wonder if Horton is much of a deal this year - wouldn\'t take much for me to dump him and elias for Gomez and Penner
    I\'ve actually been thinking the same thing for Horton. I\'ve been keeping a close eye on Penner for the past week. (I\'m in a league full of Flames fans, there\'s no risk of Penner being picked up :P ) If Horton doesn\'t pick it up soon he\'s gunna have to be cut.

I think you guys have convinced me to go with Gomez (I\'ll give it a day to think about it).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

and dumbass Elias diddles around again. man the guy annoys me.

Torture

Shoeless wrote:
    and dumbass Elias diddles around again. man the guy annoys me.
    I know. As soon as I saw the score was 3-1 I knew Elias had chipped in since I dropped him this morning.
    Luckily for me Parise was amazingly not involved....the other guy has Parise this week :P

2 Assists for Gomez though, not bad (Not on my active roster yet, he\'s on the bench..)