Thread: Need push to stop wallowing in middle of rankings

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Need push to stop wallowing in middle of rankings

Here\'s my situation

- 1 year roto
    - overpace for centres
    - underpaced for D (which is why I have so many D)
    - even further behind in goaltending

Roster is in my sig. Any suggestions for packing up a center so I can shore up my goaltending? The best buy-low candidates?
    8 team, 5 year keeper (2nd year)

G, A, Pts, +-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SA, SHO

Dobber Sports Ninja

Can you play Tkachuk on LW instead of C? Not a Foster fan (now Fosters is another story), isn\'t there another D man better? Fernandez is blowing what was a great opportunity, but his knee is going to require (season-ending) surgery again (even if he tries putting it off). Thomas has grabbed the starting gig and looks unbelievable.

In a one year pool, you could try and package Langkow/Ranger for a stud D (Pronger, Lidstrom, Gonchar). Get the other guy to \"throw in\" what would be his drop - you never know who you\'ll get! Ranger\'s value may never be higher, I like him, but I don\'t see him as a 60 point defenseman.

Edit: :blush: Whoops, you said goaltending not defence. You could try Langkow/Emery to the guy who has Gerber for ?? Sorry I can\'t be more helpful. You got hooped on your goaltending with Roloson, Fernandez and Emery.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Torture

You could perhaps try targeting a Kipper or Brodeur while they\'re a buy low. You might have hard time with that though if you\'re only willing to deal centers, because it\'s a pretty easy position to fill.

Also, who\'s available for free agents at the goalie position in your pool? Would somebody like Price or Harding be an option?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well I\'d prefer to deal centers, but I understand if I have to move wingers. But I\'d like to stay away from dealing D (if possible).

I\'ll try to make a play for Kipper/Brodeur. Price was picked up early on and Harding is added and dropped off of waivers quite often. By Yahoo Ranking, these goalies are FA: Norrena, Ellis, Hiller, Valiquette, Dubielewicz, Sabourin, Anderson, Pavelec, Garon, Smith, Lalime, Thibault, Hedberg, Raycroft, Grahame, Denis, Niitymaki, Johnson.

Slip pickings?

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SA, SHO

Torture

Yeah...pretty slim pickings. I\'d consider picking up Garon though, you could drop Roloson for him.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'ll give him a whirl from Edmonton\'s game against the Avs. Any other comments?

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SA, SHO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

bump

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SA, SHO

I...am your father.

Goaltending is great. Defense is adequate. Centers will be there in the end, have faith in the Kid. W was promising until the Williams injury.
    LW sucks.
    Too many goalies. Drop Toivonen, that\'s step one. Trade Emery or Osgood, whichever one can get you LW help. Even minor LW help. Ride Kipper and DiP as your 1-2 and whichever one of Emery and Osgood you have left is the perfect #3.
    Trade Nylander for a good winger. I don\'t know what is on the waiver wire for wingers for you, but fill Toivonen\'s spot, and fill Williams\' spot via the wire. You don\'t have a choice. After that, post your team again and lets have a look at what you got.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi