Thread: Bomm Bastic’s Ultimate NHL Team

Default Bomm Bastic’s Ultimate NHL Team

file under: meanderings of a feeble mind

Had a dream the other night in which I won $25k in the NY State Lottery, and decided to purchase and completely refurbish the Atlanta Thrashers in an attempt to make them a market force. First, I know what you all are thinking - $25k to purchase to Thrashers? I know...I overpaid. What can I say, it was a dream - they're not always rational.

But, I digress...

Days following got me to thinking: What would I do? Who would I hire? What would it be like to own a team and employ whomever my heart so desired? Why, w/all the money leftover after the sale (actual purchase price was $5k) I could pursue any whimsical fancy I so desired. I would have absolute power to hire employ any individual at any position.

My team and my fantasy, biznitches...deal.

So I immediately thought I should focus only on the recruitment of the executive committee and coaching personnel. They would have power to hire/fire as they see fit, run the entire operations so that I could relax, attend the games drunk off my rocker, and be free of mind w/out worrying about a damn thing. Afterall, Mark Cuban does...why the hell can't I?

But that lead me to another problem: Where the hell do I find a group of miscreants such as I, utterly devoid of life outside of hockey - addicts, if you will?

Well, duh! The answer hit me immediately. The Dobber forums of course! Using a combination of your avatars and posts as my guide, I believe I have been able to gain keen insight into the differing personalities and bank of knowledge contained therein, enough so to make my selections. The executive committee and support staff have the power to add any additional players personnel I may have overlooked. Any member not specifically named is assumed to be sitting in my section of the arena drinking w/me during the game (wendel, fungchen, playmaker, etc...)

Actually, anyone can join in, but be creative. Current/former players, politicians, celebrities, historical figures are all fair game, but you have to provide a reason if not obvious. Like Sidney Crosby's captaincy of the Ice Girl Squad really needs no explanation.

Last, I tried to stay away from Dobber and his management crew because they need to focus on this site. We need to get our recruiting info from somewhere!

So without further adieu, I present:

Bomm Bastic's Ultimate NHL Team

*Team Name: Peter North Stars
    *(borrowed from a team in my league, I just had to it's so awesome)

Executive Committee

OWNER:Bomm Bostic - we covered this part, pay attention stoners.

MANAGING PARTNER: Shoeless - the only guy I know that has the patience and insight to keep the inmates from running the asylum

CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER: HorrorFan - cuz nobody f***s w/Pinhead, 'nuff said.

CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER: HockeyPoolGeek - the numbers guy

EXECUTIVE BODYGUARDS (protect my investments): Chicleteur & Smack - c'mon walking around w/Vadar and a Siberian tiger??? If that doesn't get the chicks, nuthin' will.

HOCKEY PERSONNEL

GENERAL MANAGER: AgentZero - By default, the only guy with a tie in his wardrobe in this motley crew. Got the legal mind too.

Director of Scouting: Lanky522 - guy just has a f-in photographic memory re all that is lineups, stats, development, etc

PRO SCOUT : Shakedown - a team full of Blackhawks can't be all bad, right?

AMATURE SCOUT : Justin Goldman - for goalies, anyway

AMATURE SCOUT - Bill Clinton (different type of amatures...wink-wink-nudge-nudge)

COACHING

Head Coach : Metaldude: combination of attitude and savvy mind. Reads people and players...guy can talk an Inuit into buying a freezer. In fact, I bet he could talk Tim Connolly to skate into a corner and check a mother-f*****....he's THAT good.

Assistant Coach: Mister_McGoo: Knows what's up, tells it like it is, and players need a guy to have a post-game beer with.

Assistant Coach: GMGates - the strategist

Assistant Coach: Elvis - purely for inspirational purposes (and the occasional song during commercial timeouts - better than that f-ing organ player)

Strength & Conditioning Coach: Atomic_Wedgy - should make for unique training sessions. Anyone caught whining would be dealt with in the appropriate manner

PUBLIC and MEDIA RELATIONS

Co-Chairs: NYR and Sentium - should adequately reflect ownership's attitude, and I hate the f-ing media.

TEAM DOCTOR

Doctor Robz - assuming the avatar actually holds the M.D. distinction...or not...who cares about the degree.

ICE GIRL RECRUITMENT

Co-Chairs: Joos, Renegade and Clinkers - figure that out for yourselves.

PLAYERS

?????
    1st Line:
    2nd Line:
    3rd Line:
    4th Line:

Defense:

Golaies:
    That's all I got. If you've read this far, thanks for humoring me.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; September 21, 2010 at 9:37 AM.
    @SmittysRant

The Wolverine

Bomm, that's brilliant!

Banned

dude, you're crazy...you desperately need hockey to start to occupy your mind

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    dude, you're crazy...you desperately need hockey to start to occupy your mind
    lol...yep.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Love it Bomm!

As assistant coach, I'd sure love to have one of those hockey rink white boards, with some dry erase markers. Always wanted some of those!

Also, I'd sure like to have some players on the team. What the hell is the scouting staff doing! lol...

How about : Link Gaetz, Daren Puppa, Jeff Beukeboom.

I also like:

Dan BOYLE
    Matt COOKE
    Charlie SIMMER

Edit: Other names of interest -
    Joey Crabb
    Grant Clitsome
    Zach Hyman
    Last edited by GMGates; September 21, 2010 at 12:30 PM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Giant

Haha! I like that!

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    Love it Bomm!

As assistant coach, I'd sure love to have one of those hockey rink white boards, with some dry erase markers. Always wanted some of those!

Also, I'd sure like to have some players on the team. What the hell is the scouting staff doing! lol...

How about : Link Gaetz, Daren Puppa, Jeff Beukeboom.

I also like:

Dan BOYLE
    Matt COOKE
    Charlie SIMMER

Yeah, right. We have to get these lines going. I expect Lanky to show up anytime with one singular post, containing a 5o-quote dissection.
    @SmittysRant