Thread: Miller vs Bryz

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Miller vs Bryz

Hey guys who has the better season next year?

I dont like Phoenix's skaters but Tippett and Bryzgalov both give me confidence in great numbers.

I don't really like Buffalo's team either but you know Miller will get a huge amount of starts and he is really solid statswise.

Who takes it?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I would give a small advantage to Bryz. Here's why:

1) Buffalo plays a whole lot of B2B games next season. I don't see Miller carrying the workload he did this year considering that fact.

2) Miller has not really ever been as good across the board as he was last year. To me, he should regress a tad to the GAA & SV% we're accustom to.

3) Two years in a row that Bryz has been amazing. He is obviously a fan of Tippett's system. And Phoenix hasn't lost anything major other than Michalek for me to believe that they'll regress huge.

Dobber Sports Expert

Bryz all the way...

The only thing that you need to know is DAVE TIPPETT...

Bryz's performance last year was nothing out of the ordinary, but it certainly surprised plenty.

If you think of defensive minded coaches, Ken Hitchcock and Jacques Lemaire probably come to mind, but Tippett has probably the most foolproof system outta them all, and no one knows about it...

2002-03: 3rd GAA, 5th SA/G (shots allowed)
    2003-04: 2nd GAA, 1st SA/G
    2005-06: 6th GAA, 2nd SA/G
    2006-07: 3rd GAA, 2nd SA/G
    2007-08: 6th GAA, 4th SA/G
    2008-09: 25th GAA***, 5th SA/G
    2009-10: 3rd GAA, 12th SA/G

So generally speaking he's pretty much had all of his teams ranked within the top 6 in GAA and SA/G in his short coaching tenure... the Stars 25th ranked GAA could probably be attributed to Turco's dismal play that season more than the way the team played... Last year the Yotes played a very similar game to how the early 2000 teams of the Stars played... you won't get dazzling offensive numbers, but you'll get a playoff team that wins plenty of 1-0, 2-1 games... and dazzling goalie stats.

Bryz I think could arguably be the best fantasy goalie to own this season...

Miller is good, but I think Buffalo's system isn't as foolproof as Tippett's in Phx.

Give the edge to Bryz for me!
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hey Ryan, who would you take this year between Lundqvist and Bryzgalov? Wins, GAA, SV% & Shutouts.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Gotlaid View Post
    Bryz all the way...

The only thing that you need to know is DAVE TIPPETT...

Bryz's performance last year was nothing out of the ordinary, but it certainly surprised plenty.

If you think of defensive minded coaches, Ken Hitchcock and Jacques Lemaire probably come to mind, but Tippett has probably the most foolproof system outta them all, and no one knows about it...

2002-03: 3rd GAA, 5th SA/G (shots allowed)
    2003-04: 2nd GAA, 1st SA/G
    2005-06: 6th GAA, 2nd SA/G
    2006-07: 3rd GAA, 2nd SA/G
    2007-08: 6th GAA, 4th SA/G
    2008-09: 25th GAA***, 5th SA/G
    2009-10: 3rd GAA, 12th SA/G

So generally speaking he's pretty much had all of his teams ranked within the top 6 in GAA and SA/G in his short coaching tenure... the Stars 25th ranked GAA could probably be attributed to Turco's dismal play that season more than the way the team played... Last year the Yotes played a very similar game to how the early 2000 teams of the Stars played... you won't get dazzling offensive numbers, but you'll get a playoff team that wins plenty of 1-0, 2-1 games... and dazzling goalie stats.

Bryz I think could arguably be the best fantasy goalie to own this season...

Miller is good, but I think Buffalo's system isn't as foolproof as Tippett's in Phx.

Give the edge to Bryz for me!
    A++ fantistic post, Gotlaid. You certainly changed my mind. Some rep for you.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    Hey Ryan, who would you take this year between Lundqvist and Bryzgalov? Wins, GAA, SV% & Shutouts.
    Same thing... Bryz all the way...

Tippett's system just wins game and boring as hell, but you'll get a Vezina like goalie stats! There's just too much upside in owning a Bryz this season.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Veteran

Awesome, thank you, I'm sold.

Incidentally these two guys were my goaltenders in a pool last year and they pretty much won me it by themselves.

Miller's the man.

You guys are saps.

Man this second bottle of Tempranillo is tastey...
    @SmittysRant