Thread: Souray/Cheechoo for Vanek/Orpik

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Souray/Cheechoo for Vanek/Orpik

In a Keeper league, with contracts

points are as follows

each category is weighted equally, pts are based on ranking in league for each category.

Forwards: g, a, +/-, PIM, PPPts, SHPts

Defensemen: g, a, PIM

Goalies: avg

Lineup: 12 F, 6 D, 2 Goalies

My Vanek with a great cheap contract, and Orpik (a non factor)

for

Souray, with an ok contract, but not a bargain, and Cheechoo, who can\'t be kept for next year.

It\'s a deep league with 20 teams drafting/carrying 30 players each, 20 active and 10 farm.

Currently, I need help on D until (and after) Boyle gets back. My forwards are reasonably strong and I have decent keepers for next year, though Vanek would be one to keep if I don\'t trade him, too much potential there.

any thoughts....I just hate giving up on Vanek yet, but if Souray plays reasonably well, he will help my D, and Cheechoo may give my offense the same pts as Vanek for this year. BIG IF\'s though!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don\'t understand, I am assuming that Vanek\'s contract is not based on real NHL salary?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

our keeper pool is based on an auction type system with a salary cap, but not related to actual NHL salary. Players are bid on each year. We are allowed to keep 6 f, 3 d and 1 G each year. Once you get a player you bid on, you get him at that bid price for 2 years plus an option year. You can extend his contract after 2 years but it increases his salary incrementally for each year you extend him. He can only be extended once, and once his contract expires, he becomes a free agent...ie, Cheechoo will be a free agent after this year.

Based on a $25 salary cap for 20 active players, Vanek costs $2.00 and has that contract for this year and the next 3 years.

Souray has a $2.70 contract and I can keep him at that for this year and next, or have to increase it by $.50 for each year after this one.

Cheechoo expires this year, Orpik...who cares! lol

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well, I\'ve made the trade. I did get him to throw in Eric Fehr (who has a rookie contract of $.50)

I\'m banking on Souray finishing strong, and Cheechoo coming back and playing somewhat like he\'s capable.

Strengthening my D was vital.

any thoughts?