Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HockeyPoolGeek "Deep Analysis"

Dobber Sports Star

Metaldude, you are out of control my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger
    Has anyone ever used the custom rankings for your specific league? I'm almost wondering if I should use the dobber projections from the guide and see how they rank players on this site...what do you guys think?
    The site's analysis formula starts with a set of statistics (eg the 2009/2010 season, projections for next year, etc) and takes those and sorts out where the real value is in your particular league setup. What the HPG tools do is interpret the statistics based on your league's setup to determine which players are valuable and which aren't.

About the projections: at HPG we're not projection experts, so our projections are loosely based on last year's totals (with insight provided by 3-year averages), so Shoeless' comment that it doesn't do the best job of capturing the risers and fallers is dead on -- but the projections themselves aren't where our site adds value. The value comes from the analysis of the stats, targeting the results to your particular league setup. The resulting rankings take into account the position requirements, your scoring categories, etc to generate a list that's fully customized for your setup.

Subscribers can modify the stat sets too, so they have the flexibility to upload their own projections (or those of a 3rd party provider like Dobber, etc).

Hope this makes sense!

HPG

Administrator

Hahaha, sometimes I can't help myself. I will say that not even half-way into reading the article I went and checked out the site and signed up for the free service. $20 is a little much for me to invest seeing as I only play in a couple of cash leagues and for the most part I play in points based leagues. I did setup a sample for a new league I'm starting next season and that one is multi-category H2H and your service will definitely be very helpful for me drafting in that league.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg