Thread: Keep Nagy???

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keep Nagy???

Is Nagy worth keeping next year or not???
    My keeper league has a 25.00 salary cap....Nagy is 1.60....certainly underacieving for the price...Guys like Langkow...Prospal...Huselius are all around the same price...should I throw him back and try and get him cheaper...or not at all??

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re:Keep Nagy???

When do you need to decide by?

If possible try and wait to see if he signs with another team in the offseason. That could help you make your decision. It doesn\'t help that he went from Phoenix to Dallas - a fantasy graveyard.

I...am your father.

he\'s too much money, man. You can drop him and pick him back up at the draft for less
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Speaking of Nagy, a free-agent this summer, I was wondering where everyone thinks he ends up? His game is high-end, but only on half the ice and I\'m not sure that a lot of teams have the patience for that sort of a player (though he is +1 in the playoffs going into game 7 tonight).

I hung with Nagy in my pool for way, way too long and while he was part of a package, post-Dallas trade, that helped me win my pool I just couldn\'t get over how badly he sucked this year. Dobber pegged him at 87pts going into the year and probably thought he was underestimating his potential. Well he got only 55pts and looked even worse at times.

Yes, everyone looks good in a Penguins jersey but I was wondering who out there will sign this guy for what he thinks he\'s worth and then put up with his attitudinal shortcomings?

L - Saad, Skinner^, Rakell / Kilorn*
    C - Crosby#, Scheifele, Matthews^ / T.Johnson*
    R - Laine^, Arvidsson, Foligno* / Sheary
    D - Subban#, Letang, Pietrangelo / C.Miller*
    D - Gardiner*, Myers*, Vlasic* / Benning*
    G - Bobrovsky / Elliott*
    TGs - Subban, Myers
    IR - none
    (# FPs, * RFAs, ^Prospect)

P4 -
    P3 - L Skinner^, C Matthews^, R Laine^
    P2 - L Meier, C Jost, R Tippett, G Korpisalo
    P1 - D Heiskanen

Highlanders, FunHL Predator Cup Champions 1992, 1993, 2007, 2013
    There Can Be Only One!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Tough call, I think it is wise to let another person in your league take a chance on him and hope he flops. I think if you take a chance on him you should also stop by the local drug store and grab a bottle of ADVIL. He is giving me headaches and I don\'t even have him.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Dobber wrote:
    he\'s too much money, man. You can drop him and pick him back up at the draft for less
    agreed

Dobber Sports Novice

You mentioned Prospal in your list of players, I think for next year he would be a good cheap pick-up. I know this year he has be crap, but next year he will be UFA and if you look at his last few years he has followed up a poor year to post some good numbers, food for thought anyways...

With Nagy I would wait and see where he ends up, if he is in a good situation he may do well but who knows...
    12 Team: Keep 26; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 3 Farm; 3 Bench

Scoring Cats: G - 1PT, A - 1PT, PPG - 1PT, SHG - 2PT, SOG - 1PT / Goalies - W - 2PT SO - 2PT

F: Huberdeau, Kucherov, Guentzel, Barkov, Norris, Crosby, Svechnikov, Schenn, JT Miller, Lundell, Killhorn

D: Klingberg, Rielly, Pionk, Fox, DeAngelo, Hughes

G: Hart, Fleury, Lehner

BENCH: Courtier, Ellis, Batherson

FARM: Rossi, Byfield, Lysell

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

well said rockstar, I agree with your thoughts on NAGY, it will be interesting to see where he ends up. Looks like you need a thumbs up..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..