Thread: A Letter From Myan Riller

Default A Letter From Myan Riller

Mr. Dobbs,

From the start I'd like to say I enjoy your site very much. Me and all my hockey buds check it out quite frequently to get the latest prospect buzz.

While I usually have no problem with your top 100 goalies list, I must say this time I felt I had to chime-in. So, w/all due respect.....

Fleury at #1? - he's a mamby-pamby momma's boy. I hear he wears fish-nets under his gear. I call him Mr. Moen cuz he runs hot-and-cold! (heh-heh...get it?)

Luongo's gotta go-go - c'mon really?!? This hippie, tree huggin' weirdo???? Some say he's the most focused goalie out there...I think he's just stoned all the time, eye-ballin' the puck like it's a blackened/cajun hamburger. all droolin' and shit.....

Nabokov-schmockov - Dubbed Mr. Heimlich, cuz he's the consummate choke artist, and you have him at #3???? For shame, Mr. Dobber....for shame.

Now that Sabres goalie, well...dare I say he is quite the specimen. In fact, I should be....errrr...I mean HE should be at #1. I mean he's a good looking cat w/ great charisma, nice teeth. And have you seen the babes I date....uuhhhhhh...I mean HE dates...the babes he dates. Have you??? Plus he's a pretty smooth goalie.

Anyway, you may want to reconsider. Just sayin....otherwise, keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Myan Riller

p.s. all content was authored by Rya....I mean Myan Riller. He has absolutely no idea who this Bomm Plastic guy (or whatever his name) is....thank you. -MR
    @SmittysRant

The Wolverine

Nice one - needed a good laugh!

The Magnificent One

So yeah we like to thank the recent activity and great thoughts you have also.

now to your comments. i dont think dobber disagree's with some of these statments and im not the expert but i believe dobber's goalie report is not who is the best goalies in the league based on play and skill but best to own for fantasy perspective in a keeper league.

so someone like fleury who might be a baby and inconsistant but he is on a team that WINS WINS and oh did i say wins so thats why he is ranked high bc he will get your wins.

and then someone like miller who might be furthur down on the list is bc his team is only an ok team. middle of the pact. so he will get you better overall stats but maybe not as many wins.

there are other factors that go into those rankings also so read the top part of the article carefully. i think age is another factor and style maybe not sure..

hope that helps in understanding the rankings.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

nicely done and i agree!

it's a joke dude.

and i pray for the day that Fleury is ACTUALLY considered the best goalie in the league, it's not looking like it will happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    So yeah we like to thank the recent activity and great thoughts you have also.

now to your comments. i dont think dobber disagree's with some of these statments and im not the expert but i believe dobber's goalie report is not who is the best goalies in the league based on play and skill but best to own for fantasy perspective in a keeper league.

so someone like fleury who might be a baby and inconsistant but he is on a team that WINS WINS and oh did i say wins so thats why he is ranked high bc he will get your wins.

and then someone like miller who might be furthur down on the list is bc his team is only an ok team. middle of the pact. so he will get you better overall stats but maybe not as many wins.

there are other factors that go into those rankings also so read the top part of the article carefully. i think age is another factor and style maybe not sure..

hope that helps in understanding the rankings.
    Just a joke man....
    @SmittysRant

The Magnificent One

okay well then i missed the joke i guess. just alot of people have put comments like these on some of dobber's rankings in the past so yeah just felt like commenting..

sorry i guess i still get the joke
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    okay well then i missed the joke i guess. just alot of people have put comments like these on some of dobber's rankings in the past so yeah just felt like commenting..

sorry i guess i still get the joke
    lol...I never said it was a good joke. Besides, I take no credit for anything Myan Riller authors.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    lol...I never said it was a good joke. Besides, I take no credit for anything Myan Riller authors.
    for those that got it, it was a pretty good joke. nice little break from the normal posts on here. i certainly chuckled especially about Bobby Lu.

Banned

dude you crack me up, good laugh for the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    dude you crack me up, good laugh for the morning!
    Thanks, mcgoo...

Every now and then I experience a moment of lucidity, and these scenarios jump into my otherwise pickled and disjointed brain - mostly ironic ones w/ a cynical bent.

I was perusing Dobber's Top 100, when it suddenly occurred to me "How would Ryan Miller - the most humble, modest, rational, selfless player I know - react to being ranked #4." Well, he would of course be grateful and offer congrats to those ranked above.

But what about his alter-ego? If you believe in a yin-yang view of the world (I do), then the humble, modest, etc. Miller must have a pretty vicious alter ego.

Hence, Myan Riller.

But now I've gone and completely over-explained the joke, and bored everybody to death....
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Nice one - needed a good laugh!
    lol...judging by your avatar, you need a hammer!!

btw...I'm a huuuuuuuge clive barker/hell raiser fan. see "midnight meat train"?
    Nevermind, that's another thread.....
    @SmittysRant

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    lol...judging by your avatar, you need a hammer!!

btw...I'm a huuuuuuuge clive barker/hell raiser fan. see "midnight meat train"?
    Nevermind, that's another thread.....
    Nope, but am intrigued! Maybe we should start a thread in the other section to see who's also interested in the dark side... My tastes are all over the place.

Dobber Sports Sage

Haha, great post. Love what you've brought to these boards Bomm-bastic!!! Keep it up dude.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson