Thread: Paul Kariya

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Paul Kariya

Though he\'s disappearing against the Sharks, Paul Kariya still is Paul Kariya. Having him on my keeper squad, I\'m wondering what to do with him during the off-season.

Can we expect some more big years from Paul K., or is it time to part ways ?

The fact that he\'s a free agent makes it even more intriguing. Looking at all the possibilities, this one just went through my mind : what if Ray Shero, feeling a winger need, offers him a contract ? Wouldn\'t he look great skating with Sid and Malkin ?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re:Paul Kariya

Nashville will 95% re-sign Karia, I couldn\'t imagine Karia-Crosby-Malkin. Wow... That would be nice.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Zorro wrote:
    I couldn\'t imagine Karia-Crosby-Malkin. Wow... That would be nice.
    There is no way a keyboard can really translate the act of drooling.

HAHA, good stuff buddy. I take it your a Nashville fan or just Radulov? You got the Pred\'s winning at home tonight??

Well, Zorro,

1- You got it right, I\'m one of those Radulov worshippers. Living in Quebec, I had the chance to see him develop and turn into the player he is ; his progression is amazing, and I own him in my keeper league. :evil:

2- No, I\'m not a Predators fan. In fact, I\'m a Shark. It was great though, to see Alexander play such strong games, but now I think the Sharks are in control of this one. Can\'t ask a rookie to lead a team : that says a lot about some underachievers on the Preds side.

Sure, I was eating my fingernails when the Preds made it 1-1, but San Jose\'s physical edge is really making the difference. The combination of size, strenght and talent is just too much for Nashville. I feel the Sharks will close the book tonight on The-Team-That-Foppa-Screwed.

3- By the way, why are you so sure Kariya will be back with the Preds ? Any indication ?

Post edited by: CaporalRadulov, at: 2007/04/20 13:00

I...am your father.

Probably because they have been really good for each other. Kariya is a star again and Nashville is on the hockey map(although, corporate sponsors haven\'t seen this map yet...)

He\'s one guy the Coyotes will target. They (and the Flyers) have a ton of cap space and I think you will see two big names signed by Phoenix and two signed by Philly this summer.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Well CaporalRadulov, I will do this for you, if the Sharks close out the deal tonight I will give you \"one\" Karma boost just because it will be hard to see your fav player out of the running until next year. But if the Preds win I might need one to get me out of the bad mood I will be in.. HAHA. But I will throw one your way forsure if your boy loses. Have a great day my friend. Z..

Dobber who are the coyotes and flyers going to target? I know philly wants either briere of drury. I think drury but who knows. but the yotes??

Perfect Zorro, we\'ve got a deal here. You\'ll need a boost, believe me. I\'ll miss Radulov, but my Sharks are on a mission : Buffalo, in June.

As for who Philly will target, I really think Timmonen is one of the guys : that would be awesome to help Pitkanen get his confidence back, and anchor their PP. Then there\'s Briere and Drury for sure. I\'d say Briere, cause I\'m one of those who feel that if the Sabres can only keep one, it will be Dru.

As for Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix... :sick: Mmmmm... Let\'s see... Taking into account the brillant decisions coming from Phoenix, the way they are building the team... Maybe Radek Bonk, David Aebischer, and contracts no one was waiting for to Harold Snepsts, Rob Brown and Vladimir Krutov to give them a fresh start ?

I...am your father.

Shawn Burr!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Throw Doug Wilson and Craig Ludwig back on the point aswell.

Well there\'s your Karma Boost \"C.Radulov\", we will see your boy RADULOV next year. I can\'t wait for the sharks to actually start scoring. What a piss poor effort especially on the PP. I think if Ronny Wilson sticks with Thornton-Marleau-Guerin and Cheech-Pavelski-Michalek he will see some more goals. And the play they are getting for Grier, Clowe, Bernier, Goc, and Rissmiller is unbelievable. I wish I would have taken Rivet in all my pools. Man alive he is really giving his all. I took Carle and Erhoff but Rivet seems to be the go-to guy.

Let\'s hear ya GO SHARKS GO!!!

Karma boost operation done !

Hey, Zorro, I hope it\'s not too rough to get over the Preds\' elimination. Yeah, I\'ll miss Radulov, but the Sharks won !!!! Talking about Radulov, I must totally agree with our friend Dobber : what kind of coaching was that ? Less than 12 minutes for a guy who has been a force when the Preds were rolling at the beginning of the series ? Hell, Trotz kept putting on the ice again and again the same underachievers when they needed a goal badly ? Something is not smelling good in Nashville...

However, let\'s give all the credit to the Sharks. They were the best team, and played like the best team. Captain Marleau scored the big goals when the big goals were needed, Thornton made the big passes when big passes were needed, Nabby was great. Also, I\'m glad to hear about the supporting cast, too : Grier, Rivet, Rissmiller, Goc, Clowe, all those guys fought hard each and every shift. Vlasic won\'t stop impressing us, and I think Steve Bernier is finding his groove back.

Can\'t wait for the next round to start !

So, when is Forsberg bringing this Cup they were talking about ?