Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fair Deal???? Opinions.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default cont'd...

The only reason I turn to a board is to get other's opinions on why a deal that may seems fair, and is providing the other GM with players he has asked for, is not getting done. That is why I asked if it seemed like I was fleecing you. Others thought I would be, or rather that they value Backstrom so high that they would never make this deal in a million years, without reading that salary CAP is involved, and is a central issue in all deals, not just a usual Player A for Player B trade. I am not bashing your side of the deal, just wanting some clarification from 3rd parties.

Now, I am willing to acknowlege that a win is win. And I admit, I was not in the league last year to have the stats to back up any allegation of your being "lucky". But you went to the finals against a guy in the hospital who was not around much to update his roster. I know becuase he withdrew from the finals in my (our) other league for the same reason (I don't know if your in that league too). So to me it is a hallow victory. Also looking at your team with the amount of guys that underproduced this year both in real terms, and compared to salary, a lot of fortunate timing had to occur. I would also bet that a lot of your late victories had to due with Brodeur going on his monstrous post-olympic run, I doubt your were so confident in Jan-Feb when his numbers were looking like career lows. But a win is a win, and you are league champ. And you have every right to gloat.

As for saving your REP, that is funny. Because your REP was never at risk. I doubt one person wrote you a message saying "hey see what some guy is writing about a deal that sounds like yours!". So no one ever would have known that you were involved in the deal until you chimed in on the conversation, with the small possible exception of the 12 guys in our league, who probably wouldn't care, because most will allow any deal to happen as long as we agreed on it. So rest assured hat your virtue is safe little darling!

Again, no hard feelings, and glad we got something done, and we are both (I assume) happy. But let's not make things bigger than they are. It's just fantasy hockey Champ! (And let your gloating continue..till next season starts anyways)
    League Rules:12 Teams-24 Players-12 Keepers.
    3C 3LW 3RW 3F 6D 2G 4BN 2IR
    C-V.Lecavelier,M.Duchene,L.Couture,D.Stepan
    LW-A.Ovechkin,T.Hall,V.Leino,E.Cole,K.Clifford
    RW-I.Kovalchuk,C.Stewart,J.Skinner,B.Little
    D-Z.Chara,V.Hedman,J.Johnson,D.Hamhuis,E.Johnson,M.G iordano,M.A.Bergeron
    G-C.Price,C.Schneider,A.Lindback,J.Reimer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I advise you two love birds take this argument outside the forum now that it is turning into a reputation and pride cat fight...
    Touché.

Your quick response beat my replies.

Yeah, lookin back it seems a little extreme. It's hard biting your lip when getting called out when your trying to be a gentlemen.
    League Rules:12 Teams-24 Players-12 Keepers.
    3C 3LW 3RW 3F 6D 2G 4BN 2IR
    C-V.Lecavelier,M.Duchene,L.Couture,D.Stepan
    LW-A.Ovechkin,T.Hall,V.Leino,E.Cole,K.Clifford
    RW-I.Kovalchuk,C.Stewart,J.Skinner,B.Little
    D-Z.Chara,V.Hedman,J.Johnson,D.Hamhuis,E.Johnson,M.G iordano,M.A.Bergeron
    G-C.Price,C.Schneider,A.Lindback,J.Reimer

Dobber Sports Recruit

Backstrom side wins this trade.

Dobber Sports Ace

Backstrom side still wins by a mile

Dobber Sports Ace

lol..no cat fight here,just finding the whole thing laughable...never one to gloat(well maybe a little,what else is there in a free league?) but like to set the facts straight..buddy did withdraw in the finals on the second last day when all was lost for him anyways...didnt even have the class to congratulate me either..lol...it was my first ever h2h league and a great learning experiance so all's well that ends well.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

As a Backstrom owner in a 30 team league, salary cap league, I too would refuse this deal hands down.

On another note, WildHendy is one of the best Fantasy GM's I have ever come across. He knows how to draft/build winning teams. This thread just shows how some of us are competitive. No harm done.

Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates