Thread: Lecav and 9th overall+ for Dats and 1st overall

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Lecav and 9th overall+ for Dats and 1st overall

What are your thoughts on the following trade:

I offered Vinny and my 9th overall pick for Dats and the 1st overall pick? He thought about it for a long time and got back to me saying "no" but it was close. Should I increase my offer or forget about it? Who from my current team should I include or should I toss in another pick? I'd most likely take Hall at 1st overall, but below could potential be my 9th overall pick.

Myers
    Seguin
    Downie
    Plekan
    Neal
    JVR
    Filatov
    Benn
    Carlson
    Karlsson
    Rask
    Stewart

Basically, is it worth it for me to give up Lecav+ for Dats and the chance at Hall, or should I just "settle" for any of the beauties from above?

Thanks in advance!
    11-team keeper league
    F/D: 1 pt g/a; 0.25 pts/PIM
    G: 2pts w; 3 pts so
    12F, 4D, 1G

F - Malkin, Getzlaf, Giroux, Heatley, Iginla, Riberio, Briere, Avery, Selanne, Callahan, Savard, Mueller, Pominville, Simmonds, Pacioretty, Erat, Ryder, Eller

D - Byfuglien, Markov, E. Johnson, Zidlicky, Hamonic

G - Brodeur, Fleury, Backstrom

Dobber Sports Pro

Dats is more valuable than Vinny and the upgrade to 1st overall is a huge bonus.
    That deal would be a steal for you.
    Just do Dats for Vinny.

Figure out a way to make it work. Picks, another player, whatever.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    ... Just do Dats for Vinny. ...
    Pavel is a magician, Vincent needs his line for him to optimize.
    Do this.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Steffen View Post
    Pavel is a magician, Vincent needs his line for him to optimize.
    Do this.
    While I don't agree with this at all, because Dats and Zets both only managed 70 when they were the only viable options. And had all the icetime they could handle.

Vinny got 67 in a recovery year, and had very little to work with. In fairness TB tried, hoping Tanguay would work out, as he used to be amazing himself. But TB spent most of it's time trying to make the Stamkos line viable.

Guys like Vinny and Dats are very good solo players capable of 70-80 themselves when healthy. But with good line-mates they start approaching 100pts. If you have playmaking skills you need someone to pass to.

Vinny also has a proven higher peak than Dats, although Dats is more consistant.
    If you can keep vinny and gets dats and the 1st for another player do it. Especially in a one year.
    League Rules:12 Teams-24 Players-12 Keepers.
    3C 3LW 3RW 3F 6D 2G 4BN 2IR
    C-V.Lecavelier,M.Duchene,L.Couture,D.Stepan
    LW-A.Ovechkin,T.Hall,V.Leino,E.Cole,K.Clifford
    RW-I.Kovalchuk,C.Stewart,J.Skinner,B.Little
    D-Z.Chara,V.Hedman,J.Johnson,D.Hamhuis,E.Johnson,M.G iordano,M.A.Bergeron
    G-C.Price,C.Schneider,A.Lindback,J.Reimer

Are you nuts throw something in, Datsyuk is better then Lecav and 1st overall is better then 9th, I can't believe you actually have to ask.
    12 team dynasty keeper league
    NHL size roster (23)
    Skater cats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, SHP, PIMs, H, BS
    G cats: W, SV%, GA, SO's
    Start: 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6D, 2G

LW: Parise, Vanek, Clowe, Tedenby
    C: Getzlaf, Kopitar, Nielsen, Burmistrov,
    RW: Pominville, Wheeler, Parenteau, D'Agostini
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Bogosian, A. McDonald, Volchenkov, L. Schenn
    G: Fleury, Lehtonen
    B: Pavelec (G), Wolski (LW), TJ Oshie (C)

Dobber Sports Rookie

What's making this trade hard for me is the PIMS factor. Vinny gets a lot more pims and this evens out the playing ground. Also, he is 2 yrs younger.

Thoughts?
    11-team keeper league
    F/D: 1 pt g/a; 0.25 pts/PIM
    G: 2pts w; 3 pts so
    12F, 4D, 1G

F - Malkin, Getzlaf, Giroux, Heatley, Iginla, Riberio, Briere, Avery, Selanne, Callahan, Savard, Mueller, Pominville, Simmonds, Pacioretty, Erat, Ryder, Eller

D - Byfuglien, Markov, E. Johnson, Zidlicky, Hamonic

G - Brodeur, Fleury, Backstrom

Quote Originally Posted by Dubco View Post
    What's making this trade hard for me is the PIMS factor. Vinny gets a lot more pims and this evens out the playing ground. Also, he is 2 yrs younger.

Thoughts?
    Both should be studs for years and both are locked up longer than mankind will walk the earth. Seriously, it should matter to you based on what cats they fill as compared to the rest of your team. If you are short on PIM and good on +/- take Vinny. If the opposite, take Datsyuk. Also are you so close to a win that you need consistancy, or outside by 2 or 3 spots (ie finish 4th or lower) that you need to take an educated risk. Like I said, Vinny has the higher potential. We have likely seen the best that Datsyuk will ever do. But Datsyuk has a much more consistant history, and a much more solid team around him to keep him there. Vinny is likely to be a question mark from year to year if he stays in TB. Moving somewhere else is likely to be better for him. He just loves that sunshine though. Playing with Stamkos is not a factor, because he rarely does, as opposed to Dats palying alongside Zetts. Marty St.Louis is also not likely to return to Vinny's side as TB is likely to keep them together. If TB drafts someone like Skinner and he is able to slide right in and play Vinny's wing, then there is some hope. But otherwise it is trusting Vinny to step it up solo, a la Sid the Kid, and he has to be healthy to do it.

Right now everyone is salivating over that 1st overall pick, and most would take Hall, I don't blame them, but don't sell yourself short. Make the trade that works for your team.

Your league has a weird sounding draft system if the likes of last years and the last two years picks are available. You are getting no slouches in that list if available at 9th. Filatov should be able to produce every bit as good as hall. In his draft year a lot of people thought that he was the most talented player overall, ahead of Stamkos, but that Stammer was just that elite scorer. Difference of Stammer 90pt 50G player and Filatove 30-40G with an almost unlimited ceiling. We have seen already that Stammer can pass 90pt, but if Filatov can just remain comparable and you can get him at 9th your laughing. Not to mention Rask, whom, if GAA and SV% are goalie cats, is potentially just as valuable.
    League Rules:12 Teams-24 Players-12 Keepers.
    3C 3LW 3RW 3F 6D 2G 4BN 2IR
    C-V.Lecavelier,M.Duchene,L.Couture,D.Stepan
    LW-A.Ovechkin,T.Hall,V.Leino,E.Cole,K.Clifford
    RW-I.Kovalchuk,C.Stewart,J.Skinner,B.Little
    D-Z.Chara,V.Hedman,J.Johnson,D.Hamhuis,E.Johnson,M.G iordano,M.A.Bergeron
    G-C.Price,C.Schneider,A.Lindback,J.Reimer

Dobber Sports Legend

If the pick is killing the deal, just do a Lecav for Datsyuk was. Unless Vinny is traded, his huge production years are done (expect 70-85 as long as he is a Bolt).
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka