Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kopitar

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Mufassah19 View Post
    Hmm, any other opinions on Hossa's value for a rebuilding team? (14 team BASICALLY points only full keeper) The offer he sent me was this, after I turned down the Kopitar offer. I kinda like it since I get a lot younger, and I'm probably a couple years away still, PLUS I get to keep Kopitar.

Hossa
    for
    Eberle, 2nd round pick, Matt Halischuk

Also... Any opinions on Halischuk? I know there was a good article on the home page a couple months back about Halischuk. (I couldn't find it again) Will he hit the NHL this coming season? 2nd line material?
    Because of Hossa's age, I consider him to have far less vale than Kopi, especially if you're rebuilding.

That being said, that offer is probably a bit on the low side since Hossa does have several more years of high productivity left - its a good starting offer, I'd maybe ask for a 1st rounder instead of a 2nd. I don't really know enough about Halischuk to comment, although he is fairly high on the Devil's prospect list. Eberle SHOULD be a very good player, but you never know...If you're dealing a star for prospects, its always a gamble.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Mufassah - hang onto Hossa - the time to trade him is not right now. That isn't a particularly good deal for a youngish RW who can flash 90 points over the next 3 or 4 seasons.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Okay thanks. I guess I just get worried that in 3 years when I'm probably aiming to win, Hossa will be 34, and probably putting up similar numbers to a guy like Turris/Eberle who are 10+ years younger, haha. Plus if I can get some other prospect types out of the deal... It just seemed like a logical "rebuilding" move.

Thanks for the input guys.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Kopitar for James Van Riemsdyke? Really? When you are rebuilding and looking to win 3 years down the road, Kopitar is the exact type of player you should target, not trade away. Stick with him and three years from now when he reaches his prime at age 25, with Kovalchuk on his wing and Doughty on the point, you'll be happy you never traded away his 90 points a season.
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask

Dobber Sports Sophomore

No I turned down the offer for Kopitar, so he's trying to get Hossa instead.

Dobber Sports Pro

Can you post your entire team so we can see the progress of your team?
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Legend

I would not move Kopitar for any of those kids. JVR is a nice young player, and Eberle projects to be one too. Turris, not even sure anymore.

You say you may be ready to compete in 3 years - just around the time Frankenberry will be entering his prime (25-26 years old) and dancing in the 100 pt. neighborhood.

If you are dead set on moving Raccoon Boy for whatever reason, a package of kids like Duchene and Myers/Karlsson PLUS a top-10 pick in the draft and another prospect (Eller-type) should be the return.

Kopitar is just too proven @ this point to pull the plug on him under the guise of a rebuild. If one of those kids never pans out you will regret it for a long, long time.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mufassah19 View Post
    No I turned down the offer for Kopitar, so he's trying to get Hossa instead.
    My bad, missed this post. I would still hold onto Hossa ... for now. Eberle is a solid prospect but Hossa could blow up next season and the return you get will be significantly better then.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka