Thread: Another big trade - what do you think?

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Another big trade - what do you think?

Stats in my sig (D points bonused). Here is the breakdown:

I get - Jason Spezza

He gets - Alexander Frolov, Viktor Stalberg, Jay Bouwmeester and the exclusive rights to Alexander Radulov

With this trade, it opened up a spot for me to protect Ryan Ellis (and I was NOT going to protect Stalberg). So, the way I look at it, I am getting Spezza and Ellis for Frolov, J-Bo and Rads rights.

From his perspective, he is keeping all three of Frolov, J-Bo and Stalberg (plus if/when Radulov returns to the NHL, he gets him too) ... just for Spezza.

So, what does the Dobber faithful think of this deal? Lay it on me.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Magnificent One

did u alread build spezza into your sig???

but yeah i would probably do this. Jbo was a bust this yr. however, with the movement of Phaneuf this might open up room for JBO but i still would say spezza is defently better than jbo and frolov. frolov is streaky and i dont like that.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like it. J-Bo and Frolov aren't worth much, so getting anything for him at this point is great.

So it's really Spezza for Radulov. I love Radulov, but Spezza is in another league in terms of proven talent and he's not a flight risk.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    did u alread build spezza into your sig???
    Yes I did.

Keep in mind, D points are bonused, and D-men are extremly valuable in this league. Other than last season, J-BO was a constant 110 pt. player in my league and the same for Frolov.

Spezza has averaged around 120 pts. in this league, but no doubt is capable of bagging a 140 pts. (if he stays relatively healthy).

Radulov is the wild card here. If he returns, a whole new can of worms is opened up with this trade.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Pro

So you get a bounce back candidate...

And

he gets

A KHL bound forward (Frolov)
    Player already in the KHL (Radulov)
    Player will good potential and thats it so far (Stalberg)
    An the most overrated fantasy Dman in the game (JBo)

Yeah... you win.
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think this trade makes all kinds of sense for you. I think J-Bo bounces back a little, but the difference made up by the pick up of Spezza and his own bounce back should be huge, in my opinion. As a Frolov owner, I still don't know whether he's worth a protection spot in my leagues. As for Radulov, I doubt he'll ever come back, and if he does, it'll probably be as a 40 point player.
    12 Team Keeper League, 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 1G, 6 BN, 3 IR
    Keep 20 players
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GA, SV, SO

C: Toews, Skinner, Eller, Hertl, Granlund, Jenner, Lindholm
    LW: Boedker, Galchenyuk, Silfverberg, M. Richards
    RW: Yakupov, Nichushkin, Gaborik, Setoguchi, Niederreiter
    D: Karlsson, Subban, Goligoski, D. Kulikov, Carlson, Brodin, Trouba
    G: Price, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbin View Post
    So it's really Spezza for Radulov.
    Ouch. Discredit Frolov and Bouwmeester THAT much, huh?
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbin View Post
    J-Bo and Frolov aren't worth much, so getting anything for him at this point is great.
    THAT is why I love these boards. Always nice to see intelligent opinions about a franchise Dman that has played ALL 82 Games FIVE YEARS STRAIGHT and had 42 goals in the three seasons before last years debacle. Nah. NO CHANCE he will bounce back and isn't worth much. Let alone, Frolov's solid numbers, Stallberg's upside, and the Radulov lottery ticket.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TavesSoul View Post
    As for Radulov, I doubt he'll ever come back, and if he does, it'll probably be as a 40 point player.
    Funniest thing I have read all day. Thank you much for the chuckle.....unless you are being serious? Rads is a 23 year old playing for THREE TIMES the amount he was getting here and leading his team in points in his home country while refining his game. No, he wouldnt have led the Preds in points this year. Glad you cleared up his diminishing skill level for me.

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    So you get a bounce back candidate...

And

he gets

A KHL bound forward (Frolov)
    Player already in the KHL (Radulov)
    Player will good potential and thats it so far (Stalberg)
    An the most overrated fantasy Dman in the game (JBo)

Yeah... you win.
    Spezza is a bounce back candidate? He was HURT this year. If his name was Gaborik you would say he is a band-aid boy with the amount of games he misses each season.

I am happy that Frolov called you and told you he is KHL bound. No chance a team offers him 4-5mil to play next year. Glad you are here.
    Rad is never coming back? Again, thank you for the update.
    At least you didnt rip Stalberg
    JayBo, on the other hand..... glad to see one bad year invalidates the THREE solid goal scoring seasons that preceded it. Well played renegade, well played.

OBVIOUSLY Spezza is the BEST PLAYER in the trade but it is not like he hasnt missed between 6 and 22 games in four of the past five seasons. At 27yrs, he is what he is. A nice playmaker that will get you 30g and almost 90 points at his best. If Jaybo is a 15 goal scoring season next year, his point value in this league is nearly identical to a nice Spezza year. Add in the decent production from Frolov and the potential of both Stalberg and Radulov's return are what made this happen.

Dobber Sports Legend

Yeah, I must say I was a little surprised by all the feedback so far, especially reading all the Frolov/J-Bo hate. One bad year and these guys suck? Not so sure about that.

Spezza is the single best player in the deal, but based on the scoring format (G-heavy and D-bonus) it is fairly close if the numbers are checked.

Stalberg and Radulov are pure sweetener in this baby. Before Rad split for the K, he was on his way to becomming one of the nice young snipers in the league. If he returns, no way is he a 40 pt. player.

I am mostly happy to get Spezza since I just traded for Karlsson. The Sens PP hook-up now gives me some new toys to play with.
    8-GM / WK-H2H