Thread: Fleury+ for Miller

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Fleury+ for Miller

H2H league, standard scoring categories

I've been offered Miller for my Fleury + Sharp
    I get the feeling he's preying off my love of Miller but I dont think this is a bad trade, i think Miller is a much better goalie but maybe in fantasy terms its not that different? I am thinking of asking for a pick as well, would that be fair?
    12 Team H2H
    G A +/- PIM HITS GWG PPP SHP W GAA S% SO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with your assessment that Miller is the better goalie BUT, in fantasy terms, MAF still plays for the Penguins. That being said, to me their fantasy value is basically a wash, so you'd be giving up Sharp to get an older goalie on a worse team, but it seems to be your favorite team.

I would tell him Miller for MAF 1 for 1. He gets a goalie of equal value who is 4 years younger on a better team. I have their value being very similar but I give MAF the edge honestly.

Dobber Sports Ace

Seeing as your league is H2H I'm guessing they count GAA and Save %, if so then yes Miller is the superior goalie. He has shown this year he can carry a team, and although older than Fleury he is still the better keeper option.

But adding in Sharp is way to much to add, especially because as mentioned Fleury does play for the Pens, and as they showed us last night, you can let in 3 goals and still win the game 4-3(think back when Lemieux/Jagr wore the yellow and black).

Offer up Fleury and a middle round pick for Miller and see what he responds, adding sharp is overpayment especially if your league counts short handed goals.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

counter offer I'm mulling over, how about

Fleury + Sharp for Miller + Jokinen, O
    12 Team H2H
    G A +/- PIM HITS GWG PPP SHP W GAA S% SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

O. Jokinen is a fantasy bust. Calgary found out the hard way when they kept him instead of giving that money to Cammaleri and I would guess that the Rangers will skid him as well to make a move on Kovulchuk.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Miller for Fleury + Sharp is a fair offer.

With the stats that you use Fleury is a very mediocre goalie. Great win totals but average everything else. I think when GA, and sv% is a stat Fleury will never win you a title.

anyone who trades Fleury straight up for Miller is crazy.

SK