Thread: Savard for Burrows

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Savard for Burrows

Team is in my sig.

I will be adding Seguin to my farm list after the prospect draft (#2 pick).

I'm looking to move Flash to RW to help out my RW problem (if he keeps RW) and this would help boost my LW situation, no?

Savard for Burrows. Good move or not?

The Magnificent One

damn i hate these straight up trades. i want to lean towards savard in this deal. even with his bad injury season and his center position vs burrows LW position but i still think savard is the reliable 90 point guy (or atleast PPG).

burrows production relies on how often he is with the sedins. yes he scores and gets PIM and shots without them but he goes from an 80point guy to a 50-60 point guy not playing with them full time. now i can be wrong but thats how i see him.

and now in the playoffs he isnt playing with the sedin's eventhough to end the season he was and was playing strong with them. they have great chemistry but it looks like the coach like sammy better on that line. so if you do this get ready for a bit of aggrevation at times. can you get a decent draft pick or something else?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Guru

Bad move, really bad move. Seriously, don't even consider it. Burrows is good but not even close to being as valuable as Savard.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Interesting.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Any others would be greatly appreciated.

Dobber Sports Novice

I wouldn't do it even considering Savard's grade 2 concussion, he is money and Burrows will only be good (pts wise) if he stays on with the Hank and Daniel. Not the case for Savard, Savard makes Burrows type players.
    11 team Keeper League (16 out of 30) Salary cap of 80.141 million$
    Cats...Pts(1G,1A),+/- and PIMs divided by 10

C..Crosby,M.Richards,Tavares,Stepan

W..Kovalev,Brouwer,Pominville,Neal

W..Ennis,Okposo,Jones,Raymond

D..Phaneuf,Demers,P.Martin,S.Weber,Brendan Smith,Seidenberg

G..Luongo,Hiller

Bench (paid) Vishnevsky,D.Jones,J.V.R,Hodgson, Kadri,J.Carlson,N.Foligno,Comrie

Unsigned (4..that don't count against the cap)..
    Poni,W.Mitchell

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    burrows production relies on how often he is with the sedins. yes he scores and gets PIM and shots without them but he goes from an 80point guy to a 50-60 point guy not playing with them full time. now i can be wrong but thats how i see him.
    bingo! I call the Burrow's types sponges. Sponges are nice to use as trade bait because of their inflated totals due to their linemates. If he's off the Sedin line and say moves to the 3rd, his value plummets.