Thread: [speculation] An idea for moving Filatov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default [speculation] An idea for moving Filatov

First off I should say I never do the speculation thing on these or any other boards. I was just thinking that about Filatov (as an owner in my pool) and thought of the following:

Columbus really wanted to get a top 2 pick in this summer's draft, so why not package Filatov and Columbus' 1st pick this year and send them to Boston for the 2nd overall and someone like Wideman to clear cap space.

If Edmonton does go with Hall, Columbus could take Seguin thus getting the top centre they need, while Wideman could help them on the back end.

Boston would get a potentially get a top line winger who is ready sooner than a Seguin type and compliments their glut of centres. The also get the 4th overall where D men are more easily taken where they could get a top prospect for the back end.

So to recap:

To Boston - Filatov and 4th overall pick
    To Columbus - 2nd overall and Wideman

I'm sure there would have to be something else in the deal to have it work, but as much as I usually suck at speculating this one actually seems reasonable.

Any thoughts?

C
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well as far as speculations go - this one has some legs if you look at team needs. For me the x-factor is Brassard. Can he make it? If he can then I think the Jackets would do just as well with taking a D guy with their pick and top 6ing Filatov with a guy like Vermette and Voracek or Juice.

Dobber Sports Guru

you also have to wonder if Boston would be hungry to put up with another one dimensional type after having Kessel. maybe?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    you also have to wonder if Boston would be hungry to put up with another one dimensional type after having Kessel. maybe?
    Yeah, great point UW - hadn't thought of it from that side of things. Filatov doesn't really fit the Bruins 'type'.

Dobber Sports Stud

He doesn't fit their type, but given their anemic offense this season their "type" needs some reexamination.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    Filatov might be one dimensional, but it's the one dimension that Boston doesn't have!
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Filatov might be one dimensional, but it's the one dimension that Boston doesn't have!
    haha, hey i fully agree! i should have added a qualifier to my post but i think i was in a rush yesterday.

i don't know all that much about Chiarelli... is he a character-first guy or skillset-first guy?

and InForAPenny: i do want to say that this was a pretty well thought out trade speculation post.

Dobber Sports Icon

If Filatov does move, I just hope its to a team that intends to use him most for what he is - a sniper.

Hitchcock trying to turn him into Mike Peca led to what happened. I understand trying to teach defensive responsibility, but Filatov's skills are obviously offense-related, use them!
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Actually a good speculation. Wideman would be a good pickup as well for Columbus.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I really like this trade proposal cuz it makes sense and I'm a Filatov owner and wouldn't mind seeing him next to Savard or Krejci lol

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Actually I thought of the trade as making sense before thinking that I have Savard and Krejci too.

We'll see I guess what might happen.

I wasn't sure about posting it as there are some truly awful trades posted over at Hockey's Future boards and didn't want another one of those.

Good discussion though, bring on the postseason!
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars