Thread: Michael Frolik

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Michael Frolik

Hey guys,

Just wondering your input on this guy. He was touted at one point as being the #1 overall pick in last year\'s draft and then fell to the Panthers at 13 I believe.

But he had a decent season in the Q, i\"d say, but then again everyone in that league scores plenty.

Any who, what is the outlook for Frolik?

Thanks guys,

B
    I am the commish of the NYC of fantasy hockey: THE SCHL

www.sniperscup.com

I...am your father.

Default Re:Michael Frolik

still looks good, but won\'t be an NHL regular for two full seasons. The Fall of 2009 look for him to make the team. Should be a big star, but it\'s still early.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As Dobbs said, Frolik is going to be a big-time player in this league, but he\'s got some stuff to work on.

First, the positives:

-Skating is fantastic. Jagr-like, which is why you hear that comparison all the time. His powerful lower body not only allows him to blow by guys, but is the source of power for his wicked shot.

-Not a bad backchecker. Was the only forward in the Rimouski top six to finish not a minus. He\'s quickly learning how to use his speed to break up opportunities, which was his biggest problem.

-Tremendous dangler. The puck goes where he wants it to.

Now, the not-so-goods:

-Weak upper body. He\'s got tree trunks for legs, but pine needles for arms. That needs to change if he\'s going to have sustained success as a pro.

-Decision making. Frolik\'s biggest issue now is his tendency to run around. He\'s sort of like Samsonov is when Sergei isn\'t on- Frolik will skate in circles or buzz by pucks trying to do too much.

-Winning battles and coming in from the perimeter. While he is quite able to do either, he sometimes doesn\'t when it gets too chippy. He has GOT to get involved physically.

Again, two years is a valid projection for him insofar as time until he hits the NHL. That\'s actually a very short amount of time for a prospect- we\'ve just been spoiled lately.

Post edited by: mrbugg, at: 2007/04/14 19:33

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks guys.
    I am the commish of the NYC of fantasy hockey: THE SCHL

www.sniperscup.com