Thread: Rask or Hiller as a keeper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Rask or Hiller as a keeper

I have Luongo/Rask/Hiller and can make a play with one of them for Tavares. I really need goals so i feel I should try to make a deal here. I picked up Salak off the ww in hopes he makes the club next year if Vokoun gets traded. Obviously Luongo is staying on my team I am just undecided who has more value next year and on....Rask or Hiller?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hiller has much more value than Rask next season. Ask the same question in 3 years and this could be a coin flip and that will depend on the dynamics of each team at the time - BOS and ANA

Hiller is the guy you want for the next couple of years

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Johner View Post
    I have Luongo/Rask/Hiller and can make a play with one of them for Tavares. I really need goals so i feel I should try to make a deal here. I picked up Salak off the ww in hopes he makes the club next year if Vokoun gets traded. Obviously Luongo is staying on my team I am just undecided who has more value next year and on....Rask or Hiller?

Hiller has the nod over Rask right now and next year. I love Rask and think in due time he'll be the goalie with better value, for but now and at least next season the value goes to Hiller here.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hiller over Rask. I think they have comparable talent, but Hiller's the starter now, and will be with no competition for a few years on a good young team. Rask is on a good team, but has competition, and won't be the full-time starter till after next season at the earliest. Even then, I'd lean to Hiller till Rask gets a full season or two under his belt.
    12 Team Keeper League, 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 1G, 6 BN, 3 IR
    Keep 20 players
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GA, SV, SO

C: Toews, Skinner, Eller, Hertl, Granlund, Jenner, Lindholm
    LW: Boedker, Galchenyuk, Silfverberg, M. Richards
    RW: Yakupov, Nichushkin, Gaborik, Setoguchi, Niederreiter
    D: Karlsson, Subban, Goligoski, D. Kulikov, Carlson, Brodin, Trouba
    G: Price, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Master

Another vote for Hiller. Once Thomas leaves and it's Rask's team, I may lean towards him, but for the foreseeable future (2 years), it's Hiller. He already has a starting gig with no one behind him. The arrival of Visnovsky should help him too.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

Looking at your team it looks like u wont be a contender right away. Especially in a 16teamer. I can see you have a bright future though.

Thus Id want Rask as my guy. B4 olympics he basically took over the #1 job and just started his 7th straight game this week.

Use Hiller with the idea of him being a proven #1 guy and see of u can squeeze out a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Looking at your team it looks like u wont be a contender right away. Especially in a 16teamer. I can see you have a bright future though.

Thus Id want Rask as my guy. B4 olympics he basically took over the #1 job and just started his 7th straight game this week.

Use Hiller with the idea of him being a proven #1 guy and see of u can squeeze out a little more.
    You must see some weakness I dont and I must be having the same old sterotypical fantasy GM opinion of my team LOL. In most of our stats I am top 6 this year so I have illusioned myself into believing I will be in top 3 positioning here forward. If you dont think I can compete next year maybe hanging onto my goalies is the best option here rather then getting Tavares. I figured since he would be the only player entering his sophmore year I could expect an increase in production from most of my players and would certainly be a top contender!
    This is what I love about forums, everyones opionions make you open your eyes so much more!

Dobber Sports Icon

Im not saying u dont have a good team but many on it are still very young. It may take more then next year to be dominant unless u make further trades. Your Gs r set though with Rask and Luongo

Talking

Thanks alot for the advice guys, rep for all!

Sparrow- I was actually thanking you for giving me a reality check, you are correct. In fact it was your advice on a different thread that has me pursing goals hence why I want Tavares. I pulled the trigger last night (Our trade deadline) and traded Rask straight up for Tavares.