Thread: Which goalie to trade/drop?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Which goalie to trade/drop?

Hi,

I\'m in 1 yr roto league and I\'m sitting with four goaltenders and need advice of who should stay and who should go. The league records points for GS/W/L/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO. I drafted Nabokov and Emery. But with Emerys situation in Ottawa I traded for Kolzig to get GS and SV. Got Bryzgalov on waivers when he moved to Phoenix.
    Should I try to trade Emery and Kolzig and go with the russian duo?

Nabokov
    Emery
    Kolzig
    Bryzgalov

What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

J / Sweden

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would trade Bryzgalov and Kolzig for Hasek and Osgood (only likely to lose in SV department) then try and get something else for Emery - box of popcorn or something.

I think Bryz will never have higher value than now. Kolzig and Emery will never have lower value than now - so if I was shopping I would put my most attractive asset out there to grab another goalie who has upside. Kinda depends on you league situation really, as to who is vulnerable for a trade.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I\'m currently in third place (overall) and leading in the scoring categories but need to improve GS, W and SV to get the last points to gain first place.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well in that case I think Bryz will give you lots of GS and SV so maybe he is a good one to keep. Frankly I don\'t see Emery as having much trade value and I doubt he is going to have much of a season.