Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canada/Russia

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Wink

I have heard a tonne of negative comments on TSN, Forums etc regarding Canada's efforts thus far. Has everyone forgotten 2002? Canada had only 3 points after the opening round...Everyone said if Canada wanted the gold in 2010 we'd have to go through Russia, just means we'll have to do it a couple games earlier. We dominated the US last night, a few bad bounces and excellent goaltending by Miller, with the firepower Canada has it's only a matter of time before they break lose, just like 2002.

Eh O Canada GO!

Has anyone even heard that slogan? The held a contest and picked such an embarassing winner...no wonder no one is using it!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Canada just needs more cowbell.

Actually, more Toews. +2 yesterday with 2 big assists, lots of hustle, and just doing the little things right (not to mention his PK) and I think is going to be a key guy to Canada moving past the quarters.
    12 team Yahoo Pts league
    G(2),A(1.25),PPP(0.5),PIM (0.25),+-(0.5),SHP(1),GWG(0.5)
    W(3),GA(-0.4),SV(0.05),SHO(5)

C- Malkin, Tavares, Datsyuk
    RW - J. Carter, Semin, Lupul, Downie
    LW - J. Neal, Elias, R. Clowe
    D - Burns, Enstrom, Hamonic, Pronger
    G - Crawford, Halak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Ok so maybe I am jumping ahead a bit but come on, Germany doesn't stand a chance. I think this last game woke Canada up a bit even though they clearly outplayed the US, except for Perry's blunder at the end(ouch).
    At this point I don't discount the possibility of us losing ANY game Zorro
    Uninspired hockey teams don't win many games so unless something changes dramatically, we will probably beat the Germans but we'll get owned by the Russians, they're playing much better (and much better as a team) than we are

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Mcgoooooooo, I am tired of that negative attitude, HAHA.. Stop it right now. We will win..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Mcgoooooooo, I am tired of that negative attitude, HAHA.. Stop it right now. We will win..
    sorry Z, I'm just demoralized, this feels like the Torino team all over again sometimes

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

We will beat Russia this time around, Nabakov is going down. I would be more nervous if Bryzgalov was starting.. Germany, Russia, Sweden are our next three possible opponents, we are going to run wild brother.. Keep the faith Mcgoooooo..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Justin Goldman brought up an awesome point though.. All successful teams thus far have ran with ONE bonafide starter. Us, Finland, Russia used two goalies in 3 games and the results have shown.. He pointed out that all goalies that have played 3 games are now in their "groove". The problem in goal for Canada might be that we have two number ones. Maybe we should've picked just one to run with it unless they got lit up like JG said.

Who thinks Getzlaf is really at 100%?

I posted a snip from an article interviewing Brodeur and some things popped out.

He said that the room isn't feeling the pressure and they're all in their "own little world" while preparing for the game. He was also saying that eventually things will come around. wtf is that? I would hope there is communication between them, and eventually? time's running out boys..

On a side note.. Is it possible that there are too many div. rivals on this team?

I find it hard to believe that (PHI/PIT - ANA/SJ - CGY/CHI) can really brush their hatred under the rug. I just doubt that Richards and Crosby or Thornton Getz are buddy buddy now.

anyways.. more relentless questioning and venting until the boys show what they are capable of