Thread: Cam Ward for Brad Richards

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Cam Ward for Brad Richards

So I had just made the offer of my C. Murphy and C. Ward for Rick DiPietro to an owner when a different owner offered me his Brad Richards for my Cam Ward.

After weighing the options...I accepted it after only 20 minutes analysis. I\'m not thrilled about Richards poor +/-, poor shooting percentage, and lack of PIMs...but he excels in most other areas...specifically A, PPP, SHP, and SOG...and durability (only missed 2 games in his career...knock on wood). I am starting Legace and Mason right now, with Fleury on my bench...hoping he heats up at some point.

I was looking to trade Ward anyways after discovering that each of his 3 career SO came against Washington, and that he seems to be on the decline (basically, I\'m choosing to sell high on him).

So this question is two fold. First, what do you think of this initial trade? And second, should I just flip Richards for a Backstrom (MIN), DiPietro, or other goalie who can help me out in GAA, SV % and SO?

10 team roto: G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I like the trade. I had Richards two years ago and he brought the sick heat in the second half - I would keep him and ride your goalies or look to moving someone else for a tender. I would not be afraid to let Fleury go in a package for Backstrom - I still have to be convinced on Dipietro but I am fast becoming a believer.

Dobber Sports Ace

From a straight up Ward for Richards standpoint...I couldn\'t let this deal get away. However, as of this point my offense is good...here\'s my standings break down:

G(1st), A(2nd), +/-(T9th), PIM(1st), PPP(1st), SHP(2nd), SOG(4th), SH%(1st), W(3rd), GAA(7th), SV%(7th), SO(T5th)

It seems my goaltending can improve a lot more than my offense, and other than SOG, Richards will likely hurt me in +/-, PIMs, and SH%. But now that I think about it...Toivonen would make a good insurance pickup in case Legace got hurt...but I think I would wait until that actually happened first...
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano