Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My league is freaking out - TRADE

Dobber Sports Master

Wow this was a great post to read.

I'll throw out my 2 cents.

First of all I don't see this trade worth a veto since it is a keeper league. There is always a rebuilder or two in every league and the GMs that win are the ones who take advantage of it. Sure this trade helps notch this season but from what I remember Dobber has posted many of his trades in which he has made moves at the deadline to move up a few spots in the standings. This is a fair move within the rules.

The rule that allows points to carry over is a rule and GMs in the league are allowed to exploit it as much as they want. (same goes with unlimited transactions) I hate when GMs get upset at a GM who tries to get as many games in as possible, if its in the rules let it happen. If you can't handle it change the rules. Notch should not be criticized for this trade as it looks like people are jealous of his savvy move.

Every GM values players differently. It was only a few years ago that Radulov was viewed as the next great player. Maybe that GM still sees him with those goggles and is hoping to reap the benefits if he ever returns to the NHL. The trade should be allowed.

Having said all that its up to the league to determine who is accepted into the league. If someone is making horrible trades and everyone agrees, that the person should be replaced. I have made my share of bad trades and its part of the hockey pool process. Join pools with GMs on your level and don't veto trades that are within reason.

PS dobber if you have an opening in your league let me know
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Hey Shoeless - that cheesy way to play fantasy hockey was how I was introduced to the fantasy hockey world! My league is in its 20th season and it inspired Notch's league (we're from the same home town) so same rules. It also inspired my own keeper league (10th year now - in sig), though we are shifting towards positions over the next five years (though forwards will just be "forwards", not bothering with wings or centers - because that to me is 'cheesy', given that coaches play every forward everywhere anyway).

Just had to call you out on that little shot!

I'm in five leagues and two of them are similar to these rules - the two that I enjoy the most. Don't knock it til you try it!

This explains why your TOP 300 does not value players based on position. Dobbs, are most of the players in your league centres?

In regards to the trade. This is kinda a sketchy deal. Your team is already a ridiculous powerhouse. When a strong team gets better, it is my experience that other teams get frustrated. When you get a deal as convenient for as this one, it would enrage people. He should have been able to get more for Stamkos than what you offered. You have to step carefully when you are at the top of a league. I understand your side, and I understand your GM's side. But at the end of the day, this deal was not for the good of the league.

The captain may be the head of the ship, but if he pushes too hard (for maximum performance), their may be a mutiny!
    2010-2011 Team Try Hard League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Pirate League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Elite League Champion

I'm the best! Dutch is the Worst.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

dobber-you've been in the same league for 20 years? that is insane! as for the trade....i wouldn't have done it. stamkos is amazing (and from my hometown), so i wouldn't. however, it isnt vetoable. osully could potentially break out next year on a much improved oilers squad, radulov will eventually come back to the nhl lol, and eller could turn out to be a decent dman. a lot of "ifs", but what "if" stamkos flops? he's only in his 2nd year, a lot of time for him to screw up. ps. i still want to join a league with dobber. don't judge my dobber entry standings as my level of talent, i drafted like 5 goalies before i realized it was roto and you can only play 2 lol

Dobber Sports Novice

Hey Notch,

What I am questioning is, why would you make an offer this bad in the first place (offering three of your worst players for a young fantasy stud). Looking at your signature, your team is stacked and being you introduced this guy to the fantasy world, why would you want to take advantage of him and jeopardize his fantasy hockey experience before he gets his feet wet.

It is just not good Karma my friend.

That all being said I would not grieve this deal because it sounds like the other owner made an honest deal, he just didn't know any better.

I can definitely see why everyone is up in arms, one minute you are battling the two time defending champ for first and the next minute he gets given one of the most coveted fantasy players for his drops.
    Last edited by Hockaholic; January 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I don't think it is the actual trade that has some people riled up. It is the underlying circumstances behind it all (maybe Notch can explain). Also there are rules in the pool that allow a veto or the trade to be ammended to make the trade more fair obviously in the best interest of the league. I myself have had a trade ammended for it to be allowed. Also the GM that received Radulov does not have his 1st next year so ending last is no benefit to him other than selecting Keith which there are comparible players beside keith available in the supplimentary draft.
    Last edited by Wylle; January 24, 2010 at 10:47 PM.