Thread: Who will be number one next year?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Who will be number one next year?

I finished 7th in my pool this year, mainly because of my shaky goaltending, and I need to know who between Bryzgalov or Toskala has the highest chance of being a legitimate starter next season. I might not be able to keep them both so do you think Giguere will sign elsewhere or Toskala has a chance to get traded somewhere Nabokov isn\'t?

I currently have Lundqvist as my number one goalie out of the two required at this position.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Who will be number one next year?

I heard Giggy will be high on Tampa\'s list (although I don\'t know where they will get the $$).

Bryzgalov will probably be the number one at Anaheim but I think Toskala is a better goalie. Your best bet is to hold out until the playoffs are older. One of them might get a chance to shine (or flop).
    Dobberites Unite! 12 Team H2H $$ Keeper League
    C: Malkin, Krejci, Wilson, Schenn
    W: Zetterburg, D Sedin, Mueller, Horton, Benn
    D: Suter, Edler, Myers, Burns
    G: Fleury, Brodeur, S Mason, M Smith
    -- Keep 17 with salary cap

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I\'d stick with Bryzgalov. Giguere will get $$$ from another team and I think Toskala might get traded to a crappy team since nobody wants to take on Nabokov\'s contract.

Dobber Sports Stud

Word from many different sources in Boston is that the Bruins are planning to go after Giguere. Could be just rumors, but after that Boyes trade (the second loser in as many seasons) I see management being aggressive in the off-season. It makes sense - they\'re going to let Rask take his time, and he\'d make a perfect understudy to Giguere, who uses his frame better than almost anyone in the league. And at 6\'3\" Rask has plenty of frame to use...
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Stud

If it aint\' broke don\'t fix it, makes me conclude the sharks won\'t trade toskala but instead do the same thing they did this year. Ride the hot hand and keep fantastic depth in nets. I think it affects the value of both goalies downwards.

I had a similar situation in one of my keeper leagues and elected for bryz.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.