Thread: Angus makes a blockbuster!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Angus makes a blockbuster!

League w/ my good buddies (bragging rights, I have won 2 years in a row and need to win again!).

5 C, 7 W, 5 D, 2 G.

simple:

goals = 1
    assists = 1

wins = 2
    shutouts = 3 (so shutout win = 5)

goaltending has hurt me all year... have huet, steve mason, backstrom, and theodore. decent everywhere else. currently in 2nd out of 10, 1 point out of first.

outgoing:
    gaborik
    steve mason

incoming:
    vokoun
    derek roy

i need a C more than a W. Other guy has great goaltending (brodeur and anderson). risk trading gabby but i feel the dropoff from gabby to my bench winger (frolik) is less than vokoun to my crap goalies. Vokoun also a notorious 2nd half goalie, and playing for new contract!

what do you guys think?
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ace

Default not bad

not too bad...i still beleive Gabby will get hurt and Roy is coming on...obviously the key is Vokoun continuing his strong play...best of luck to ya.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

as long as this is not a keeper you did fine.

Dobber Sports Ace

You would know your league better than anyone else as far as trade value goes, but one would think a winger on pace for 100 points could land you a better goalie than Vokoun, or vice-versa, you could have given up less for him.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like both Roy and Vanek to both bring their A games to the Sabres lineup sooner rather than later. I like Roy's chances of turning things around in the second half. Vokoun has always been a good goalie, and with the Panthers playing really good, he is only going to get more wins.

I also believe Gabby will get hurt, he has to, it will happen. And when it does this deal is yours in a landslide..

I like the deal because I hate Gabby for all the injuries and dissapointments he caused me over the years. I especially hate him because he is not on my team this season, HAHA..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Giant

I'm assuming it's a one year, so yeah, I like it for you. Vokoun should do better than Mason and Roy has to pickup his game.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well Angus, here is a possibility I have been thinking about. Garon isn't the reason that the Jackets have turned it around here - I wonder if Mason will now find his game - I would not bet against it. I think you are still okay if he does in terms of the goalie swap.

I am concerned about Roy - he doesn't seem to be winning faceoffs like he has in the past and he isn't even out on PP1 as far as I can see. I am not confident he will turn it around in a big way - something is wrong with the top 6 thing in Buffalo and as long as they are winning games then I don't see a major change in emphasis. Gabbie gets Prospal back soon - while I wouldn't bet on it, I do think that Gabbie will make it through the season. I think Gabbie will cruise to a 20-30 point gap on Roy over the year.

Now you might need a C more than a winger and you certainly don't have results from Mason to date - so I can see doing this deal. But I do think there is a reasonable possiblity that you lose this deal.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I like the deal for you Angus. I'm a big Vokoun believer and Roy is a decent play against Gaborik's injury potential. Certainly the difference between Gaborik/Mason will be offset by the gain from Vokoun/Mason. At least I think so. I'm still praying for a Mason turnaround because I own both Mason and Vokoun in the Dobber Experts League!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket