Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: OV Seriously Hurt

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I hope his injury is minor. I think what the NHL decides to do regarding discipline is irrelevant - they have already made it clear that star players get preferential treatment - so I would be surprised if they act on this hit. They are taking care of the gate receipts - Ovechkin brings people in - Laraque doesn't.

But here is what I do believe will start to become a factor in the league - natural justice. Players on other teams will talk about Ovechkin's lack of respect for other players and his disdane for sportsmanlike conduct and probably sooner than later someone will act on those conversations. He is taking people out and in doing so, screwing with their livelihoods. There is a code among professional athletes and he has stepped outside it. I have even seen where guys on the same team of a player like this, will begin to question his "only for me" attitude.

I honestly believe that if guys like Mike Richards and Ovechkin think for one minute that other players don't start to consider retribution or strike before he strikes you, they are sadly misled.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I love to watch OV play! One of the most exciting players in the league by far! His energy and passion for the game is contagious! But Beadreau has gotta sit this guy down and tell him to slow down his Kamikaze hitting style! He is not going to last that long in this league running around and hitting people so recklessly. Whoever mentioned Forsberg and Lindros had a good point! The game needs guys like this, Washington management has gotta say something.
    14 Team Keeper PTS, +/-, PIM's *.3 20 Players, 4 Center, 8 Wing, 6 D-men, 2 Goalies, NHL cap hit $91 Million Total

Centers Tavares, Giroux, Draisaitl, Eichel
    Wing Eberle, Kessel, Schenn, Hall, Nichushkin, Stone, B. Ryan, Connolly
    Defence Karlsson, OEL, Shattenkirk, Murphy, Gardiner, Daley
    Goal Lehner, Schneider

Prospects Shinkaruk, Frk, Pulock, Marner, Zacha, Rod, Kapanen, Leblanc, Kristo, McNeill, Noesen, Tuch

Super Moderator

You know the happiest guy right now? Evgeni Malkin. Suddenly AO has attracted all the haters. 2 most hated guys right now are Crosby and AO - somewhere Malkin is sitting with a big smile on his face.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm still in denial, hoping that he's faking. He has done it in the past.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Pro

That SOB! I'm in DC this week for business and got a ticket for thursday's night game against FLA to watch Ovechkin...

In my Flyers jersey....
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Ace

I think it's ridiculous that the media & NHL circles are only talking about Ovechkin's injury and how they hope it is not too serious. HE INITIATED AGAINST GLEASON. How about asking Gleason how he feels about that hit?

Dobber Sports Stud

According to CBS sports: Ovechkin tests knee, may go Thursday: Alex Ovechkin skated briefly at the Washington Capitals' practice facility Tuesday morning, a day after he was hurt in a knee-to-knee hit against Carolina. Ovechkin said his knee is a little sore, but he didn't rule out playing when the Capitals host Florida on Thursday.
    (Updated 12/01/2009).

ANy news on possible disciplinary action?
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Prodigy

OV Suspended 2 Games.... I think it's about right..

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=300686

Dobber Sports Ace

2 game suspension

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by smack1919 View Post
    You know the happiest guy right now? Evgeni Malkin. Suddenly AO has attracted all the haters. 2 most hated guys right now are Crosby and AO - somewhere Malkin is sitting with a big smile on his face.
    Geno is really well liked by everyone though... supposedly he's just a really gregarious sort of guy.

Ovechkin hits people and gets MVP awards, so people dislike him, and crosby's a little bitch... but there's not really a reason to dislike Geno... he just plays the game and somewhat hides in Crosby's shadow... Good way to go about business if you ask me...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
    I think it's ridiculous that the media & NHL circles are only talking about Ovechkin's injury and how they hope it is not too serious. HE INITIATED AGAINST GLEASON. How about asking Gleason how he feels about that hit?
    last i checked, gleason feels fine. he was off the ice well before Ovechkin was.

and really, at the end of the day (as terrible as it is to say)... what's worse for the sport: a career ending knee injury to a superstar and MVP? or to Gleason?

As crappy as it is, we all know the answer... players all know the answer... don't fool yourself... everyone in the national hockey league knows their place in the hierarchy.

Ovechkin draws crowds and increases ticket sales everywhere he goes... he gives the media something to write about... sells newspapers... jerseys and NHL gear. Gleason does none of those things... so of course the media is more concerned about AO's injury than Gleason.

I mean seriously... if i got rear ended by Bill Clinton and he was in the hospital and i was just fine... you think the media would be talking about me? I mean Clinton was at fault for the accident... they should be concerned about my health right? HELL NO. They'd be covering Bill Clinton. Because in the grand scheme of things... he's more "worthy" of press coverage.

As mean as it may sound... you kind of need to get over yourself, because you sound really preachy. We all know how the world works... that's just how things are... it may be wrong, but it's how it is.
    Last edited by lanky522; December 1, 2009 at 4:49 PM.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Now, your little spiel didn't sound preachy at all Lanky

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Now, your little spiel didn't sound preachy at all Lanky
    haha, and yet he's right.

big shoe, i hadn't figured you for a "thirteenth man". unlucky pal! haha.