Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Goligoski Injury (Speculation at this point)

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would love it if the Pens decided to be snappy with the IR for once. The whole Gonchar/Malkin thing doesn't have me too confident though.
    Setting up the play.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftster View Post
    Agh...tough blow for the Pens. 2-3 just sounds like a guess at this point too, probably representing the minimum timetable -- "He's getting an MRI today; He's got a lower-body injury," head coach Dan Bylsma said. "We are going to estimate 2 to 3 weeks on Alex."

based on this and no clear understanding yet it kinda seems like the malkin situation. he will be out for some time but we have no idea. probably one of those things of when he feels good he will come back in. give him some rest as he has been playing ALOT.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop Goligoski?

Are you fellow Goligoski owners going to ride it out? I still think he would be worth hanging onto as he will be playing PP1 with Gonchar. Most likely they return at the same time.

I know if I drop him my league will be on him like sharks to blood. Crosby Malkin Goli and Gonch on a PP is quite deadly....

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    As a GM in a fantasy league, you bear some responsibilities to yourself and to others.

1) The other GM has the responsiblity to do his homework on the players you've offered. (Who knows if he is doing this, but he should be)
    2) You have the responsibility to be truthful and to deal in good faith. (You are fine, here, I think because it sounds like you offered Goligoski before you learned of his injury. IMO, you are under no obligation to tell him of the injury. Also, you are not misleading him about his injury, by saying it's not serious, or that he's day-to-day when he's expected to be out 2-3 weeks.)

However, in cases where I have been involved in trade talks, I always volunteer the information I know and check to see if the other GM is aware. I'm not obligated to do this, but I would rather have a deal not go through than do the deal and have the other GM learn of the injury afterward and think I was trying to pull a fast one on him.

There's saying in real estate that lawyers call caveat emptor, which means buyer beware. It's harsh, especially if you're the one getting burned, but that's the philosophy most fantasy league commissioners will use, at least based on my experience.

I agree with that approach, if I learn of any injury just before a deal is consummated I will always tell the other GM. Besides fostering goodwill in future dealings, it's just the right thing to do. But this doesn't extend to prior injuries or general proneness to injury, in those cases it's more of a buyer beware scenario.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thatbirdguy View Post
    I would love it if the Pens decided to be snappy with the IR for once. The whole Gonchar/Malkin thing doesn't have me too confident though.
    use Fantrax for your league, they list players immediately for injuries and they are eligible to place in an IR slot within a day or two!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    use Fantrax for your league, they list players immediately for injuries and they are eligible to place in an IR slot within a day or two!
    Thanks for the tip - though its a little late for this season!
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yeah, the DTD thing I woke up to was annoying. I was hoping for an IR after the game.
    In one league Kronwall is sitting as an FA. That won't last. I'm debating just dropping Goli outright for Kronwall anyway.... this fantasy hockey is too much work.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    Yeah, the DTD thing I woke up to was annoying. I was hoping for an IR after the game.
    In one league Kronwall is sitting as an FA. That won't last. I'm debating just dropping Goli outright for Kronwall anyway.... this fantasy hockey is too much work.
    I tried being in two leagues at once one year and I didn't enjoy it at all.

To me, being a fantasy GM is supposed to simulate the real thing. I'm the GM of one team and I know who to cheer for.

I enjoy it a lot more that way.
    Last edited by Scribe; November 17, 2009 at 6:55 PM.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ha! I'm in 5 pools this year. Never again. Although only one is a cash league that I care about.
    I joined a H-2-H because I had never played before and wanted to be able to give some advice here!
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Banned

Ha! I'm in 5 pools this year. Never again. Although only one is a cash league that I care about.
    I joined a H-2-H because I had never played before and wanted to be able to give some advice here!
    yeah I had to force myself to cut it down to 3 this year because it was getting crazy, esp as I do fantasy football at the same time, too many rosters to set, too many injury reports to dig thru, its gets time consuming and really frustrating when you forget to make a move on time!

The Magnificent One

yeah also in 5 pools. i have 4 run via yahoo but mostly we use proboards for activity in the league. makes it more fun and interactive.

I dont mind the roster setting or the research, the problem i always face is which players to route for. like this week in one league i have spezza, weber, and m.richards so ofcourse i want them to do well so my team can do well. however, in another league the guy im H2H with has those same players. so thats the only frustrating thing about being in so many leagues you always run into those conflicts.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm in a keeper roto league (10 years now) but would be interested in trying H2H. Sometimes, in our league, we have side competitions for a little cash to keep guys interested -- especially those near the bottom of the standings (important in a 22-team league).

Maybe I'll suggest a H2H competition for our next wrinkle.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

The Magnificent One

any update on his injury? i am not mistaken he was listed as DTD in yahoo yesterday and today there is no DTD or IR by his name??

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's 2-3 weeks and he just got injured a few days ago, so there's at least a week + before he comes back.
    14 Team Keeper League (Keep 6 players)

- 9F, 4D, 1G
    - Salary Cap $89.6 Million using Annual Salary
    - Players 1 pt: G/A
    - Goalies 2 pts: W, 3 pts: SO

F: Thompson, Fiala, Bratt, Debrincat, Boldy
    D: Fox