Thread: Filatov, Giroux & E. Kane

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Filatov, Giroux & E. Kane

Please rank these 3 Players. How many points a year do you see of them scoring once they hit their Primes. I realize Filatov is seeing the least ice time – is he still the best. Is Giroux a better Keeper than Horton? Thanks for the help!!!

Dobber Sports Master

Welcome to the forums hockeyrules.

Could you give me a bit more information about the league for which these player will be evaluated? Is there any information about your teams position that would be relevant?

cheers,

AW

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Points only for this year it's Giroux, Kane, Filatov. Total points over the next 3 years is probably the same order. Highest ceiling is Filatov, Giroux, Kane. Factoring in upside, if there is a keeper draft today, I'd select Giroux first, Filatov second and Kane third.

I hate Hitchcock - should add that to my signature.

Mabus
    9 Team Points Only Keeper (Protect 10). Roster of 9F, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 6 Bench
    F - Malkin, Kane, Gaborik, Kopitar, Perry, Hossa, Zetterberg, M. Koivu, Hemsky, Cammalleri, Filppula, Ennis, Fleischmann,
    D - Phaneuf, Goligoski, Byfuglien, Robidas, Shattenkirk, Hedman
    G - Miller, Halak, Pavelec

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the help and the welcome.

8 Teams. H to H - G A PTS +/- PIM PPG PPA PPP SHP GWG SOG. We play 3C 3LW 3 RW 3F 4D 2U 2G.

We had 11 Keeper Forwards and we just raised the limit to 13 Keepers at Forward. So I am looking for my 2 new Forward Keepers.

My 11 Keepers are: Crosby, Datsyuk, Heatley, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier, Malkin, Ovechkin, Richards M, Semin, Spezza, Stall E.

I drafted: Dumont, Fleischmann, Horton, Kariya, Morrow, Richards B. Williams Ju. The Players that I drafted are good but not youngsters.

So I would like to get a couple of young Players. Datsyuk is my oldest Keeper at 31.

I can make a trade of Horton for Giroux. Both Kane and Filatov are FA. I would drop Kariya.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by HockeyRules; November 14, 2009 at 10:39 PM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

how in the hell did you accumulate that list of keepers? I don't think it really matters who else you keep. perennial champ
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

must be a box pool or something. theres no way you can get those guys any other way

Dobber Sports Ace

Haha congrats, you get the award for best 8 team keeper of all time. You have like 7 or 8 of the best forwards in the game, I don't even wanna know how you got all those guys.

For what it's worth I like

Filatov
    Giroux
    Kane

With forwards like that take the high risk/ high reward of Filatov.
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by notcraig View Post
    must be a box pool or something. theres no way you can get those guys any other way
    Here is how I got Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin. I had read about Crosby when he was 15. I then traded my best players for other Team’s #1 Picks in Crosby’s draft year. Because of the strike our League didn’t have a draft in Ovechkin and Malkin’s draft year. So I had the first 4 picks in Crosby’s draft year and Ovechkin and Malkin were there as well.

I got Kovalchuk and Heatley when they were Rookies in 2001. Lecavalier and Datsyuk the same year. We were only keeping 4 players at that time. Everyone else in my League went with established super stars as their Keepers.

The rest were Drafted.
    Last edited by HockeyRules; November 15, 2009 at 4:32 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by beatnik_uwo View Post
    how in the hell did you accumulate that list of keepers? I don't think it really matters who else you keep. perennial champ
    Here is how I got Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin. I had read about Crosby when he was 15. I then traded my best players for other Team’s #1 Picks in Crosby’s draft year. Because of the strike our League didn’t have a draft in Ovechkin and Malkin’s draft year. So I had the first 4 picks in Crosby’s draft year and Ovechkin and Malkin were there as well.

I got Kovalchuk and Heatley when they were Rookies in 2001. Lecavalier and Datsyuk the same year. We were only keeping 4 players at that time. Everyone else in my League went with established super stars as their Keepers.

The rest were Drafted.