Thread: Time to release the monster?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Time to release the monster?

I'm in a dynasty league and my current goalies are Theodore and Brodeur. I have the Monster on my farm team and I'm wondering if he has done enough to establish himself and be worthy of a pickup. I'd probably trade Theodore for some forward help and run with Gustavsson and Brodeur the rest of the way.

My conundrum is: Is Gustavsson the better play this year than Theo? While Theo is in a time share, his 1 or two starts a week have been pretty good quality.

Opinions welcome.

In a dynasty league, I'd definitely want to keep the Monster over Theo without question. As Gustavsson is on your farm, and availbable at your beck and call, what is the hurry to recall him, epecially as you say that Theo has played well thus far?

I'd keep running with Theo until he falters and then look at bringing up Gustavsson.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The logic would be that I could maybe move Theo now for some forward help, knowing that I can bring up the monster in his place. My forwards get better, and the difference to my goalies would be negligible.....

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I wouldn't be too hasty on that move - it does make sense but I want to see a few more games out of Gustavsson before I would move Theo out - pretty critical position in most leagues.