Thread: Caps Confusion

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Caps Confusion

The Washington Capitals have done a poor job of communicating when it comes to Alex Ovechkin's injury.
    The Capitals are vaguely calling it an upper-body strain, but what's really been problematic is the inconsistencies in the time tables provided. Ovechkin's injury wasn't initially thought to be serious, but then Washington changed his status to week-to-week. However, Ovechkin thinks he'll only miss Wednesday's game. To make matters more confusing, it sounds like head coach Bruce Boudreau doesn't know more than the general public. "I don't have a clue," Boudreau said, when asked how long Ovechkin might be out for. "I know it's an upper-body strain, but I don't know what that means." It seems odd that Boudreau wouldn't know about the exact nature of Ovechkin's injury, but he said he's taking himself out of the equation. He has also previously said that he's taking a wait-and-see approach with Ovechkin. With what little the general public has been told so far, fantasy owners have no choice but to take a wait-and-see approach too.
    Source: Washington Times

Administrator

Boudreau obviously knows what's going on. He can choose to tell the media or he can play the dummy card and make it sound like he's in the dark.

The non-disclosure for injuries is just annoying.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Boudreau definitely knows what's going on. Classic case of non-disclosure. Does it suck as Ovechkin owners? yes! But like many posters have said in ovechkin threads, I hope that he sits it out and heals properly then to rush back in the game. (Like what Elias stated he would do)

Although all signs show that he will likely play through his injury, much like Malkin recently confessed, and it will be worse. I just don't want this being a Briere type situation, cause the Day to Day status all season long is a poolies nightmare!
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates