Thread: Richards and Vanek?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Richards and Vanek?

I've got a trade on the table... what do you guys think?

my:
    Datsyuk
    pick

for his:
    Richards
    Vanek

We went back and forth a million times yesterday. He doesn't really want to give Richards in a deal. This last one was left on the table and he's going to get back to me. His best offer was:

Vanek
    Boyes
    Barker
    3rd pick

for

Datsyuk
    Doughty
    9th pick

He's in 2nd and I'm in 3rd in our league. Is this a smart trade to make? Looking at my team, I feel like I need a little bit more depth.
    14 team, $50M cap
    Stats Counted: G(1), A(1), +/-(.25), GWG(1), SHG(1), Major PIM(2), W(2), SO(5), SOG(.25)
    ($-Yrs), x = option
    F: Matthews (0.5x4x) Laine (0.5x4x) Forsberg (6.7x2) Granlund (2Mx1), Kuznetsov (5.1x1), Stone (4.25x2), Couture (3.1x1x),
    E. Staal (2.2x1), Duchene (3.5x3), Neal (2x1), Marchessault (1.0x3), Gallagher (0.65x3)

D: Burns (4.3x1x), Pietrangelo (4.7x1x), Jones (0.5x2x), Yandle (2.2x2), Schmidt (0.5x1x), Severson (1.2x2)

G: Vasilevsky (0.5x2x), Schneider (0.8x1), Jarry (0.5x1)

Farm (yrs)-

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think that either of these deals would be great for you. You would still be pretty stong on D and you would be flipping a 32 year old center for a 25 yo Vanek, who has had 2 40 goal seasons and just missed a third. And you also get Boyes? He will hurt your +/- but he will get you the points once he starts to turn it on. I think this one is a no brainer IMO.
    8 Team Keeper - Year 3
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHP,GWG,SOG,FOW,FOL,BS,W,GS,GA,GAA,SV %,SHO
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 3Utl, 2G
    25 Man Roster, Keep All

C - Getzlaf, Tavares, J.Staal(LW), Duchene, RNH, Crosby
    LW - Kovalchuk, Hall, Benn, Hartnell, E.Kane
    RW - P.Kane, Seguin, Yakupov, Eberle, OV
    D - Keith, E.Johnson, Carlson, Karlsson, Burns
    G - Rask, Schneider, Rinne

Really? I'm not that high on Barker though for some reason. And I'm just not sure that Vanek will help me as much on his own as Datsyuk will this year... Should Richards be the linchpin in this deal? And Doughty is really hard to give up...
    14 team, $50M cap
    Stats Counted: G(1), A(1), +/-(.25), GWG(1), SHG(1), Major PIM(2), W(2), SO(5), SOG(.25)
    ($-Yrs), x = option
    F: Matthews (0.5x4x) Laine (0.5x4x) Forsberg (6.7x2) Granlund (2Mx1), Kuznetsov (5.1x1), Stone (4.25x2), Couture (3.1x1x),
    E. Staal (2.2x1), Duchene (3.5x3), Neal (2x1), Marchessault (1.0x3), Gallagher (0.65x3)

D: Burns (4.3x1x), Pietrangelo (4.7x1x), Jones (0.5x2x), Yandle (2.2x2), Schmidt (0.5x1x), Severson (1.2x2)

Farm (yrs)-

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would take Richards and Vanek for Datsyuk and a pick. There isn't much seperating Richards and Datsyuk now and you likely wont get a player of Vaneks skill level with the pick you will have to give up. Plus your getting younger which is always a positive in keeper leagues, added value!!!
    12 Team Keeper Points League - Keep 5
    G(2), A(1), +/-(1), PIM(.25), PPG(1), SHG(4), GWG(2), W(5), L(-2), SHO(10)

C: Malkin, Duchene, Ribeiro
    W: Nash, Parise, Hemsky, Skinner, Stalberg, Penner
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Liles, McBain
    G: Halak, Rinne
    BN: Bieksa, Eberle, Brassard, Mueller, DiPietro, Conklin

Dobber Sports Star

I don't think I would do this for a couple of reasons:

Doughty > Barker long term (and short term it would appear)

Datsyuk > Vanek (for this year)

I do think the move from Datsyuk to Vanek would pay off down the road, but I'm guessing there will be 10-15 point separating the two this year.

So that leaves Boyes. His slow start probably means he won't match his point totals from last year, although I still like him for 60 points.

In general, the person who is getting the best player wins the deal, and in this case you could make an argument that he is upgrading at two positions. I think he's trying the classic buy-low strategy on Datsyuk.

I would probably demand Vanek and Richards for Datsyuk and something small.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Thanks Natgeo... I'm not a Barker fan, and I'm really not sold on Boyes being worth 80 points at any point.

I want Richards secondary to a mancrush and Vanek should seal the deal. I think he's hesitant so I'll just wait it out. I would be just as happy keeping Datsyuk so I think it's the first deal or nothing at all.

Thanks again.
    14 team, $50M cap
    ($-Yrs), x = option

Farm (yrs)-

Dobber Sports Padawan

I am not especially high on Baker either but I really think that you are selling yourself short on Vanek. The guy is a legit 40 goal scorer who is still only 25 years old and has no one around him to help out.

I do see what you are saying about Doughty. The kid is something special but you have Bogosian and you would be getting Boyes to give you the added depth that you are looking for. If you want Richards, you are going to have to give up at least as much as you would for this package and that would not really be an upgrade at all for you. Basically, the first deal is nothing more then a pipe dream
    8 Team Keeper - Year 3
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHP,GWG,SOG,FOW,FOL,BS,W,GS,GA,GAA,SV %,SHO
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 3Utl, 2G
    25 Man Roster, Keep All

C - Getzlaf, Tavares, J.Staal(LW), Duchene, RNH, Crosby
    LW - Kovalchuk, Hall, Benn, Hartnell, E.Kane
    RW - P.Kane, Seguin, Yakupov, Eberle, OV
    D - Keith, E.Johnson, Carlson, Karlsson, Burns
    G - Rask, Schneider, Rinne