Thread: Ovechkin Trade - Please help

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ovechkin Trade - Please help

I posted this in the trade section, but am looking for some quick insight as this may not be available for long.

right now on the board is:

Ovechkin, Weber, Thomas
    for
    Nash, Green, Varlamov

we are a KEEP 3 keeper league, where you can only have a guy for three years. right now I have Crosby, Luongo, Green as keepers....and crosby, luongo have been kept three years so they are going back in the FA pool next year. Nash and Green are my two for sure keepers right now.
    The guy who has Ovechkin cant keep him for next year, and wants to trade him with next year in mind.
    If I pull the trigger....my three keepers are effed for next year (I would have Hemsky....and who knows who else barring a trade)...but I would have ovechkin, crosby, and luongo for the rest of the year.

Should I go the win this year? or can I win with my team....

thanks for the quick thoughts
    Yahoo Keeper
    8 Teams - Keep 7
    C (3), RW (3), LW (3), D (4), G (2), Bench (3)
    Goals, Assists, +/-, PIMS, PPP, GWG, Shots
    Wins, GA, Shots, Shutouts

C:McDavid*, Tavares*, Larkin
    RW: Draisaitl*, Wheeler*, Konecny
    LW: Lafreniere, Forsberg, Vrana,
    D:Rielly*, Dahlin*, Jones, Chabot

Bench: Ristolainen, Grzelcyk, Mantha, Coleman, J. Hughes

G: Hellebuyck*, Grubauer
    Bench: Kuemper, Blackwood

Dobber Sports Ace

If I read this correctly your acquiring Ovy does not restart the 3 years. If you can keep Ovy for the next 3 years, this is a no brainer in my mind.

This is pretty tempting as Ovy is a clear upgrade to Nash and in my mind Thomas is a clear upgrade to Varlamov at this stage. Weber is not Green, but he is not a bad second fiddle either.

Whats the point of playing fantasy sports if you aren't going for the win. Having two of the big three is just plain sick.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If it's me, I pull the trigger and go for the win this year. Crosby and Ovechkin is pretty tantalizing and should put up big numbers. I don't know how many teams are in your league, but if you can only keep players for 3 years there should be a lot of turnover from year to year so it shouldn't be too hard to rebuild either.
    YEAR ONE OF THE REBUILD

12 Team Keeper League with Salary Cap: C - ; W - ; D - Chabot, Gardiner; G -

Farm: F - L. Brown, Dauphin, Hayden, Heponiemi, Krebs, Newhook, Suzuki, Thomas, Zegras; D - Byram, Dahlin, Heiskanen, T.Smith; G - Dipietro, C.Gibson, Luukkonen

Count Pts, +/-, W, SO

Dobber Sports Master

Why dont you just trade Sidney to the AO owner in the offseason? He cant keep AO and you cannot keep Sid. Sounds like a match made in heaven. You'd likely have to ship more than just Sidney considering your league scoring cats. Maybe Sidney and a pick upgrade? Green is a monster keeper and Nash is no slouch either. I'd be pretty keen to have AO, Green and Nash as my keepers. If there is any way you could do that, it would be massive.

In terms of the trade presented...

AO >>> Nash
    Green >> Weber
    Thomas >> Varlamov

The AO side wins the trade quite obviously, but your outlook for next year is farily grim in terms of keepers. It would be a slight rebuild situation. With your team and the players involved in this offer, you should definitely be at the top of the pack come the end of the season. If you are happy that you can sucessfully retool the team at the draft, I'd take the risk and go for it this season.

Its not every year you get a chance to win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    Why dont you just trade Sidney to the AO owner in the offseason? He cant keep AO and you cannot keep Sid. Sounds like a match made in heaven. You'd likely have to ship more than just Sidney considering your league scoring cats. Maybe Sidney and a pick upgrade? Green is a monster keeper and Nash is no slouch either. I'd be pretty keen to have AO, Green and Nash as my keepers. If there is any way you could do that, it would be massive.

In terms of the trade presented...

AO >>> Nash
    Green >> Weber
    Thomas >> Varlamov

The AO side wins the trade quite obviously, but your outlook for next year is farily grim in terms of keepers. It would be a slight rebuild situation. With your team and the players involved in this offer, you should definitely be at the top of the pack come the end of the season. If you are happy that you can sucessfully retool the team at the draft, I'd take the risk and go for it this season.

Its not every year you get a chance to win it all.

What about if it were just Ovechkin and Weber for Nash and Green?

or should I do the one involving goalies...
    Yahoo Keeper
    8 Teams - Keep 7
    C (3), RW (3), LW (3), D (4), G (2), Bench (3)
    Goals, Assists, +/-, PIMS, PPP, GWG, Shots
    Wins, GA, Shots, Shutouts

C:McDavid*, Tavares*, Larkin
    RW: Draisaitl*, Wheeler*, Konecny
    LW: Lafreniere, Forsberg, Vrana,
    D:Rielly*, Dahlin*, Jones, Chabot

Bench: Ristolainen, Grzelcyk, Mantha, Coleman, J. Hughes

G: Hellebuyck*, Grubauer
    Bench: Kuemper, Blackwood

Dobber Sports Ace

The one with the goalies is more in your favor.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

The Magnificent One

yeah defently do this trade. helps your team with thomas for this yr. varlamov's starting job still in big question. grab ovech and thomas will give you a good second option in goal.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

I'd do it and at the end of the year trade Crosby for Malkin. You can work it out that you trade one of the big three for an other one every 3 years, which would be pretty sweet.
    12 Team, H2H, 94M Cap, Dynasty-25NHL Team 35Farm
    Points league - 4C 4L 4R 6D 2G 5B
    G=2, A=2, +/-=1, PPP=1, SHP=3, PIM=.5, BLK=.5, HIT=.2
    W=3 L=-3 SV=.2 GA=-.6 SO=5
    -------
    12 Team, H2H 94M Cap, Dynasty-25NHL Team 35Farm
    Category League - 3C 3L 3R 3F 6D 2G 5B
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Sht, FOW, PIM, BLK, HIT
    W, SO, SV, GAA, S%