Thread: Need some help evaluating some Free Agents

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Need some help evaluating some Free Agents

I am a favourite to win my keeper league where we dress 2C, 4W, 4D and 1G a night. Our points are given for goals (3), assists (2) and +/- (+1/-1). We have 30 man rosters and we keep all of them.

My bubble players are Tom Gilbert and Justin Williams.

The free agents of note are:

Grabovski
    Ehrhoff
    Comrie
    Quincey
    Wisniewski
    Vrbata
    Stajan
    Brunette
    Mara
    Peverly
    Hornqvist
    zidlicky

My faves on this list are Grabs, ehrhoff, Quincey and Zidlicky but to me all of them are +/- risks and a knock on Grabs is that hes a center. Are any of these guys better options then the two I have or should i hang tight and stay patient with Williams and Gilbert. Keep in mind that wingers and high scoring d are harder to come by then centers. Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Ace

Personally I think you should not move any players. Gilbert is solid piece in Edmonton and Willams is playing on the top line and top PP unit in LA. He is due for a boucne back season.

Hope this helps, cheers

Good Luck with your choice
    Member of OCHA

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quincey just keeps getting points...another one already today. I know its early and that he cant keep this pace up but can i afford to leave this guy in the FA pile? I can drop Gilbert, Sullivan, Williams, McCabe...does anyone out there think Quincey will outscore Gilbert or McCabe this year? Keep in mind that I have Visnovski and Hemsky already (with Ebere in the farm) so I am well represented in Edm. In Colorado I only have Duchene and hes not on the roster yet. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Expert

I droped Gilbert early last season, but after a very slow start he really scored a lot for the guy who picked him up. I´m absolutely not sold on Quincey so i wouldn leave him where he is!