Thread: Would you do this trade...

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Would you do this trade...

In 14 team keepr league with 3 year protectable 2 round prospect drafts.
    I grabbed del zotto late in the regular draft and he has come out on fire this year. I have him signed to close to league minimum and have the option to lock him on good value contract for long term if i wanted (at end of season).

I have an offer of cody hodgson for him. Wow. Cody is as close to a sure thing and has prospect status (means i can activate him anthime in the next 2 years at league min salary with option to sign long term, like del zotto above).

nutchell: Would you trade Del zotto for cody hodsgon. Same salary situation

Note: League is points with plus minus only. ie. 40 goals and 40 assits and +/- of -10 = 70 point player). No pims etc.

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

Del Zotto is a much more offensive minded player. Hodgson is more of an all-around player. So while Del Zotto has 50+ potential as a defenseman, Hodgson projects as a 60+ 2nd or 3rd line center. While he is as good a bet as any player out of the NHL to make the NHL he projects as a more complete player than and allstar scorer.

When you are dealing with certainty in prospects one thing that really works towards confirming certainty is making the show and producing. Del Zotto is already doing it so I'd hold onto him.

I like the idea of capitalizing on Del Zotto's fast start to gain a trade advantage, but this just isn't one of them.

My answer of course goes under the assumption that this league divides based on positions.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Good insight....

I like your thinking. Del Zotto does have upper teir scoring punch and has zubov like potenial. There is seperation between F and D and quite honestly with 12 forwards and 6 D in a 14 team league a high scoring offensive D is very valauble. Him and EJ could be a good base for my next 10 years in my pool.

Thnaks for the tip. I am going to hang onto him.