Thread: Filatov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Filatov

I see Filatov is averaging 7:00 per game. He has played only 28 minutes all year, but still has a goal to show for it. On paper that's pretty good. Just wondering if that is just the result of Hitchcock not trusting any rookies or if he is actually in the doghouse for some reason? I haven't seen many Blue Jackets games so I'm hoping somebody has some better info. Is he on the road to an AHL stint soon?
    YEAR ONE OF THE REBUILD

12 Team Keeper League with Salary Cap: C - ; W - ; D - Chabot, Gardiner; G -

Farm: F - L. Brown, Dauphin, Hayden, Heponiemi, Krebs, Newhook, Suzuki, Thomas, Zegras; D - Byram, Dahlin, Heiskanen, T.Smith; G - Dipietro, C.Gibson, Luukkonen

Count Pts, +/-, W, SO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I really think Hitch wants to see him fail for 9 games so he can be "justified" in sending him down. I have no idea why he would have a vendetta against the kid, but that's just my guess. He did it last year and weight or muscle or some crap was his excuse. Lack of ice time to go around could be Hitch's excuse this year.

Dobber Sports Star

This has already been discussed at length on these boards over the last few days. Here's a link to one of the threads.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...ad.php&t=48540

Basically the gist is that Hitchcock is being Hitchcock. It takes a lot for young players to gain his trust, and he's already stated publicly that some games Filatov will hardly play at all, while in other games he'll play more often. Once Filatov catches on to his way of doing things, he'll likely start logging more minutes.

Hopefully ... otherwise it might be KHL bound for the youngster.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I thought their might be a thread on this already, but I couldnt remember.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    I really think Hitch wants to see him fail for 9 games so he can be "justified" in sending him down. I have no idea why he would have a vendetta against the kid, but that's just my guess. He did it last year and weight or muscle or some crap was his excuse. Lack of ice time to go around could be Hitch's excuse this year.
    Or I suppose Hitchcock might be getting even for Filatov's interview comments about the KHL. Perhaps Blue Jackets management got spooked that Filatov might bolt so they put pressure on Hitchcock for him to make the team. Hitch probably didn't like Filatov's insinuations, so maybe he's making him pay for it with next to no ice time. I can imagine Hitchcock wouldn't want to be pressured like that by a youngster.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It really seems like European players have to jump through a lot more hoops to get ice time than North American players even when they come over right off the bat. And ultimately they get lambasted for going to the KHL where people want to give them more ice time and more money. I'm no fan of the KHL, but there needs to be some kind of give and take here. Filatov is here now, he played in the AHL last year to show he wants to be here, make him want to stay. At least 12 minutes a game and some PP time to show what he can do. How is a scorer supposed to show what he can do if he doesn't get a consistent opportunity on a scoring line? And that's not just because I have him in my pool either. If the NHL wants to be considered the 'best league in the world' they need to find a way to make the 'best players in the world' want to stay here.
    YEAR ONE OF THE REBUILD

12 Team Keeper League with Salary Cap: C - ; W - ; D - Chabot, Gardiner; G -

Farm: F - L. Brown, Dauphin, Hayden, Heponiemi, Krebs, Newhook, Suzuki, Thomas, Zegras; D - Byram, Dahlin, Heiskanen, T.Smith; G - Dipietro, C.Gibson, Luukkonen

Count Pts, +/-, W, SO

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rocket94 View Post
    It really seems like European players have to jump through a lot more hoops to get ice time than North American players even when they come over right off the bat. And ultimately they get lambasted for going to the KHL where people want to give them more ice time and more money. I'm no fan of the KHL, but there needs to be some kind of give and take here. Filatov is here now, he played in the AHL last year to show he wants to be here, make him want to stay. At least 12 minutes a game and some PP time to show what he can do. How is a scorer supposed to show what he can do if he doesn't get a consistent opportunity on a scoring line? And that's not just because I have him in my pool either. If the NHL wants to be considered the 'best league in the world' they need to find a way to make the 'best players in the world' want to stay here.
    Rocket, that is probably one of the best statements regarding this situation that I have read in a long time, thumbs up to you.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench