Thread: Keeper League Trade: Kovalev for Lecavalier

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Keeper League Trade: Kovalev for Lecavalier

Here's the trade: Kovalev for Lecavalier.

We are in a 10 team keeper league with a $43M cap hit salary cap in place for next season on keepers. Keep as many keepers as long as their cap hit is under $43M.

Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SOG, W, GAA, SAV, SHO.

The team with Lecavalier has 5 centers and is desperate for RWs.

Is this even?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't see anyone who owns Vinny and is in their right mind trading him away for Kovie. HOwever you do have a few factors in your favor if you're trying to pull this trade off:

1) Does your league go by cap hit (which is 7.27 for vinny) or annual salary (10m/yr for vinny). I'm not sure if vinny on your roster at a 10m cap hit is worth it, but if it's 7.2m then it's worth pursuing since Kovie is a 5m/per year hit.

2)Positional league requirements, and if the other GM is overloaded at centre favors you. Also Vinny's average year last year, combined with a slow start this year help. Keep in mind, one 3pt night for Vinny and the other GM will close this deal down, so you better act quick.

Overall I think it's worth a try, but I'd be surprised to see the other GM accepts this deal. The age gap and points gap between the two is so one-sided that this would be robbery for the side getting vinny.

Anyways, I see it's your first post. Good luck and welcome to the boards.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If I had Vinny that offer wouldn't even draw a counter out of me. If you can trade Kovalev for Vinny you are the man.

Dobber Sports Novice

If I had Vinny that offer wouldn't even draw a counter out of me. If you can trade Kovalev for Vinny you are the man.
    That's hilarious. Don't see this one happening.

Our league takes into account cap hit not actual salary, still a big hit. The guy with Vinny, actually has 6 centers in a 21 player roster with 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util and 2G.

Anywho, thanks for the responses fellas.