Thread: N.Backstrom and picks for Crosby?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default N.Backstrom and picks for Crosby?

Hey Gents,

I'm in year two of a keeper pool where we have 12 GM's. Teams are 12 forwards, 6 defense, 2 goalies and a 'bench' of 3 more (anyone you want). 1 point for a goal or assist, 0.10 per PIM, 2 points for a goalie win and 2 more for a shutout.

After last year, we dropped our teams down to 14 and then re-draft up to 23 again.

I have Crosby and have an offer out there to trade him for Niklas Backstrom, a 1st round pick this year (8th overall) and a 2nd round pick next year (TBD). Although the pick this year is a first rounder, it's essentially the 15th round as we have kept our top 14 each..but the likes of Tavares, Hodgson, Fillpula, Filatov, Ericksson, Little, Niskanen and Enstrom are still available.

Am I nuts to trade Crosby for these 3 assets or is Backstrom going to be money again heading into a contract year, playing with Ovechkin and the two picks help solidify my future?

Any comments would be much appreciated..

Dunc

Dobber Sports Initiate

Don't do this trade. Crosby is a top 3 player in the league, and Backstrom takes much of his value from playing with Ovechkin; were that situation to change, Backstrom's value would decline quite sharply, but you run no risk in this way with Crosby, since his value will always be the same.

He's also worth more. I wouldn't be trading Crosby unless I was getting Ovechkin/Malkin in return... or at least 2 or 3 superstars of Backstrom's ilk.
    Currently drafting keeper

12 team roto, daily lineups

G,A,PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Faceoff Wins

W, SO, GAA, SV%

C: Tavares, Zajac, Brassard, Filppula
    LW: Parise, Clowe, Penner, Bourque
    RW: Hemsky, Giroux, Alfredsson, Radulov
    D:Myers, Yandle, Carle
    G: Rinne, Ward, Gustavsson

Farm: Filatov, Hodgson, Wilson, Skinner, Grabner, Sbisa, Moore, Stepan

Dobber Sports Ace

hell naw. Hold on to Crosby.