Thread: brett maclean PHO

Dobber Sports Ace

Default brett maclean PHO

Is he going to make it this year? My farm team targets are Benn and Grachev. Would anyone take MacLean over those 2 guys?
    10 Team Salary Cap Keeper League-protect up to 15
    Total of points and +/-; position vs. position (ie. my 2 Centres vs. his 2 Centres)
    C -Crosby, Ribeiro, Strome, Granlund
    LW -Neal, Nyquist, Johansson, TBD
    RW -Coyle, Eberle, TBD, TBD
    D -Streit, Phaneuf, Green, Keith, Letang, TBD
    G -S. Mason, TBD

Dobber Sports Ace

Keep Grachev and Benn.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah I kind of want more on this guy too. In our league goals are important and from what I can tell he is one of the best 2nd tier goal scoring prospects out there. Would love to know if you'd take him over Makarov, Matthias, B. Schenn or Eberle just cause MacLean can put the puck in the net and he will rack up SOG.

Oh yeah and I would take Benn and Grachev over MacLean. In our league Benn went mid-1st round and I took Grachev early 2nd WAY over MacLean. For some reason Bugg doesn't seem to be hot on him....
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Sophomore

i wish they'd trade him to the islanders to play with tavares to rediscover the magic

also have him on my minor league bench

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
    Yeah I kind of want more on this guy too. In our league goals are important and from what I can tell he is one of the best 2nd tier goal scoring prospects out there. Would love to know if you'd take him over Makarov, Matthias, B. Schenn or Eberle just cause MacLean can put the puck in the net and he will rack up SOG.

Oh yeah and I would take Benn and Grachev over MacLean. In our league Benn went mid-1st round and I took Grachev early 2nd WAY over MacLean. For some reason Bugg doesn't seem to be hot on him....
    Dobber is though.

I don't think many would tout MacLean over either Benn or Grachev though. I wouldn't but I drafted MacLean and now own him in 100% of my leagues - on the farm in each case.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I own him in my keeper league as well. I am just as hot on him as you are Shoeless.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

MACLEAN TURNING HEADS

The Arizona Republic reports that sniper Brett MacLean, who was a linemate of superstar-in-the-making John Tavares with Oshawa, has been turning heads at the Coyotes training camp and is a leading candidate to nail down a spot with the team once the season starts Oct. 3.

"He's come a long way," associate coach Ulf Samuelsson said. "I've seen him now for two years, and he's become a real threat for a roster spot here. I mean he's pushing hard, and his skating is getting better. He's got good hands, and we know he can score so he's developing and progressing real quick."

MacLean has spent a few preseasons games alongside Shane Doan and Matthew Lombardi, while also garnering power play minutes.

"Obviously it's a big confidence-booster to get to play with guys of that calibre, I mean some of the top players in the league, and it's really exciting to get that opportunity to play with them," MacLean said. "They make the game a lot easier for you, so (I'm) just trying go out there and complement them as well as I can and try and build off of that."

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks Krusher. I am trying to get myself a third rookie pick in my draft to try and get MacLean on the farm. If not, I may take a flyer on him and put him in the active roster.
    10 Team Salary Cap Keeper League-protect up to 15
    Total of points and +/-; position vs. position (ie. my 2 Centres vs. his 2 Centres)
    C -Crosby, Ribeiro, Strome, Granlund
    LW -Neal, Nyquist, Johansson, TBD
    RW -Coyle, Eberle, TBD, TBD
    D -Streit, Phaneuf, Green, Keith, Letang, TBD
    G -S. Mason, TBD

Dobber Sports Veteran

Where did you get that article? Now that Gretz is gone, if MacLean makes the team he could have a decent year. 15g-15a seems reasonable. He's always been a stellar +/- player too.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Maclean

Phoenix is tough, there isn't a lot of focus on their camps and preseason. So I can't get a good read on if Maclean will make the team or not. I own him on my farm, but soon I have to decide if I should keep him there or not. Any bettors out there? What say you - does he make it?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Looks like he made it to me. I bet on up and down this year 50-50 and full-time next year.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO