Thread: 100 Point Players

Dobber Sports Expert

Default 100 Point Players

I find this very interesting since the lock out.

2005-2006 - 7 players with 100+ seasons and 7 players with 90+ seasons

2006-2007 - 7 100+ and 7 90+

2007-2008 - 2 100+ and 6 90+

2008-2009 - 3 100+ and 4 90+

Does anyone know why this is occurring?

2005-2006 - 7443 Goals Scored
    2006-2007 - 7082
    2007-2008 - 6691
    2008-2009 - 7006

How does the goals scored reflect on productivity? From the 05-06 to the 06-07 the amount of goals scored was reduce by 400!!!! but 100+ and 90+ stayed the same?!!!!! crazy. maybe it just means scoring is spread out more...
    Last edited by Gaborlick; August 1, 2009 at 1:17 PM.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

I...am your father.

I have 7165 for last year
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

1 Washington 272
    2 Pittsburgh 264
    3 Philadelphia 264
    4 Boston 274
    5 Chicago 264
    6 San Jose 257
    7 Ottawa 217
    8 Calgary 254
    9 Detroit 295
    10 Carolina 239
    11 St Louis 233
    12 New York 210
    13 Atlanta 257
    14 Dallas 230
    15 Anaheim 245
    16 Los Angeles 207
    17 Vancouver 246
    18 Columbus 226
    19 Colorado 199
    20 Montréal 249
    21 Buffalo 250
    22 Florida 234
    23 Toronto 250
    24 Tampa Bay 210
    25 New Jersey 244
    26 Edmonton 234
    27 Phoenix 208
    28 Nashville 213
    29 Minnesota 219
    30 Long Island 201

It will go back up, I'd say
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

Maybe it has to do with the high price talented players being spread out more. Plus the fact that salaries, which should be under control, are still increasing due to potential and not preformance. For example if Malkin and Crosby are breaking 100 points, their wingers should have a decent shot at 90. Unfortunately the Pens can not afford to get wingers talented enough to get there, when both superstars make 9 million.

Injuries might be another factor. Players like Semin, gaborik etc.. will never hit 90 when they play under 70 games.

Finally, teams are getting used to the new rules. This means that coaches are improving defensive systems (CLB,TO,etc..), goalies who are better suited to the new systems have taken over from their predecessors (Hiller/Giguere) and checkers have been changed from grabbers to skaters.

The bottom line is that for fantasy hocket those top scoreres are more valuable than ever.

Dobber Sports Ace

Blame roger nielson ( a great guy, but his video preperation to stop offesnes) and the NHL allowing the joke that is goalie eqiupment today are the top reasons why we are never going to see anyone top 150 pionts anytime soon.

Take a close look at the size of the equipment as late as the mid 80's compared to today, nevermind that materials used that make it lighter and more flexible, ie. easier to move for the goalies.

Also the makeup of the goalies and coaching systems today where a coach can play not to lose rather than trying to actually score goals and win (and maybe attracting even more fans to the game as it should be played) will lead some people to just compare stats between era's and say things like "Crosby really isn't that good" and some people will actually buy into that arguement.

Mario Lemiux had it right a couple of years ago when he suggested that they make the nets 2 inches wider and 1 inch higher if they refuse to address the equipment issue.

Bettman, being possibly one of the worst commissioners ever (which is very damming given the way the NHL has been run historically) has continued to turn a blind eye to this situation and still insists that Phoenix is a viable hockey market and is making money.

One can only wonder where the game could be if there was some actual leadership and forward vision in the Commish's office.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I have 7165 for last year
    i don't know, I pulled it from NHL/com and dumped it into an excel spread sheet... maybe I missed someone's numbers...
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Administrator

The number of top scorers has nothing to do with total goals scored in the league. It just depends on how those elite performers play in a given year. For example, one year Crosby was injured for 30 games and only had 72 pts. That's one mainstay that didn't score 100 that year.

It's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
    Blame roger nielson ( a great guy, but his video preperation to stop offesnes) and the NHL allowing the joke that is goalie eqiupment today are the top reasons why we are never going to see anyone top 150 pionts anytime soon.

Take a close look at the size of the equipment as late as the mid 80's compared to today, nevermind that materials used that make it lighter and more flexible, ie. easier to move for the goalies.

Also the makeup of the goalies and coaching systems today where a coach can play not to lose rather than trying to actually score goals and win (and maybe attracting even more fans to the game as it should be played) will lead some people to just compare stats between era's and say things like "Crosby really isn't that good" and some people will actually buy into that arguement.

Mario Lemiux had it right a couple of years ago when he suggested that they make the nets 2 inches wider and 1 inch higher if they refuse to address the equipment issue.

Bettman, being possibly one of the worst commissioners ever (which is very damming given the way the NHL has been run historically) has continued to turn a blind eye to this situation and still insists that Phoenix is a viable hockey market and is making money.

One can only wonder where the game could be if there was some actual leadership and forward vision in the Commish's office.
    Sticks have improved the speed of shots drastically. If we change the equipment for goalies, I guarantee more injuries are bound to happen.