Thread: Yannick Weber vs Ivan Vishnevskiy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Yannick Weber vs Ivan Vishnevskiy

I have my eye on one of these 2 for an upcoming pick in a dynasty draft ongoing right now.

Which one has more potential for the future (standard fantasy cats)? It looks like Ivan may have more of an inside track to make the team this year (Zubov leaving), given MTL's free agent signings (Spacek, Mara).

Thoughts please. Thanks!
    ESPN-12 team H2H Keeper w. Farm
    C:Crosby,Roy,Sedin,Jokinen,Antropov,Brassard
    LW: Sedin,Lucic,Booth,McGinn,Pacioretty,Benn,
    Tedenby
    RW:Hossa,Fleischmann,Doan,PMB,Frolik
    D:Gonchar,Goligoski,Carlson,Letang,Suter,Yandle,
    Russell,Petry,Kindl
    G:Neuvirth,Lehtonen,Brodeur,M.Smith,Lehner
    Roster: Start 3-C,3-RW,3-LW,3-F,6-D,2-G
    Bench:5 Farm:15
    Stats(skaters):G,A,PPP,SHP,PIM,Hits,SOG,Blocks
    Stats(goalies):W,SV%,GAA

http://ihf.servebeer.com/

Dobber Sports Giant

You are right with the free agents signings in Mtl. Weber will likely be 7th or even 8th on the depth list. Also, Mtl has a very deep pool of d-men (Weber might be up with the best of thhem, but I believe Subban is ahead)

Vishnevsky on the other hand has a huge oppening to step in and produce. As mentionned, Zubov is likely done in Dallas and only Niskanen stands in his way. Dalls also has 2 solid offensively minded lines, so plenty of chances to rack up points on his side.

Yes, Weber might be the next Streit, but until now, he hasn't showed any signs of being the next one. Here in Montreal, I believe that his reputation is well overhyped.

In the end, I would go with Vishnevsky (safer pick)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Legend

Both players were call-ups late last season and looked decent.

As Bass said, it appears Vishnevskiy may have more of an immediate opportunity in Dallas, but I think it all comes down to training camp.

If one, or both, of these guys have a stellar camp, they may be tough to keep off the team in some capacity.

Edit: As for longterm dividends, I think both will be solid 40-50 point guys with the potential for a tad more based on quality PP time. If I had to pick, I would go with Weber... just a gut feeling.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka