Thread: Brent Burns

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Brent Burns

it Burns...

What can we expect this season? Injury trouble last season gave him limited ice time, can we see 40-50 this season?

I am thinking of drafting him in a late round, I doubt any other GM's will want him.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think your right about the points part. 40-50.

I think your wrong in thinking no one else would want him.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Maybe in an 8 team league he will be let fall. Burns in the later rounds is probably going to be an awesome pick I think.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The advantage of getting Burns is he is a two way player, plays F and D. You're able to fill holes in your squad which is nice. I had Burns for two years and traded last year, hope he pulls his game together and the coaches let him skate his game, could be 40-50pts season. If anything, he is good trade bait!
    Keeper, Yahoo, 10 teams, Roto
    F)Ovechkin, Heatley, Getzlaf, Nash, Backstrom, Giroux, Stamkos, Frolik, Stastny, Carter, Marleau, Stewart, Hornquist, Radulov
    D) Kaberle, Kronwall, , Visnovsky, Goligoski, Stralman, Hedman, JML
    G)Ward, S. Mason, Nabokov, Anderson

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Maybe in an 8 team league he will be let fall. Burns in the later rounds is probably going to be an awesome pick I think.
    that's what I was thinking, there are alot of players that fall through the cracks because we are a small league. I am trying to setup my draft prospects with guys that could shine and might slip through. He has never been drafted in our league before, though I had him 2 years ago. Would have picked him up FA but he was no good last season....

Last year the league winner grabbed Zajac off the waiver wire and proved to be a valuable asset to his team...
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Stud

But there is the confusion to me - BB making 40 points, I can see. But that's really not much more than the average D man would make in a season. And yep, he can play two slots, but a FWD with 40 points? He'd be dropped pretty fast.

I just don't see the appeal behind this fella.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't think he will be playing much forward this coming year. I think that was one of his problems last year, he went back and forth from winger to d-man (along with his injuries obviously).

I think his min. next year should be around 40 pts (barring injury) and he probably has the potential for 45-50 pts next year. He should also see around 12-15+ goals.
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

The Magnificent One

i think he can reach the 40 points. he might start off slow but will pick it up. however, i dont see him playing offense positions. they tried that last year and he was really bad at it. couldnt adjust. see him as a neidermayer type - the coach will let burns go when he can and try to go in deep and score. with the new direction MIN is going i think he could be a huge threat.

you will beable to get him in a laterish round but only if you dont have dobber people in the league.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Expert

oh I do, but I know these guys well and I doubt they will go after him in the draft, probably in the FA pool...

d-men aren't too valuable in our league. only the high end guys get any atttention... we have 4 d spots and most people don't fill them during the season. They would rather roll with more forwards during the week and get more plays that way... (it didn't work for me last season. I am trying to get 2 more quality d-men for this season. like Burns, Blake or Weber.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm going to say just under 40. They say it'll be a revamped Wild team, but still, there is no real scoring threat even if they do play a more up tempo kind of game.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I am in a 8 team league where we keep 10 so same as him. and we draft 13. And I know for a fact a gm in my pool is taking him at #4 overall. Now I think he could still be taken at rd 4 but that is just my thoughts.

If you can get him in the 8th or 9th rd of your pool I think that is a great pick up for you.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Expert

yea understandable. I think 4th overall is waaaaay too high and not very smart by that GM.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Wizard

For what it's worth, I heard Chuck Fletcher on the radio yesterday saying that Brent was very disappointed with last season and he has been working his tail off to get into the best shape of his life. Chuck also said that Brent was going to be the guy they'll depend on back there and that he we will be expected to fill a more offensive role from the blue line. Chuck also added that he thinks this could be a career year for Burns.

Take that with a grain of salt, he's the GM and he wouldn't say anything bad about him anyway, but his PR worked on me and I was going to start very similar thread to this one this morning and I am going to draft him in the late rounds!
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Ace

I expect Burns to produce more this season with Lemaire gone.

The system will open up and he won't be jerked around by playing forward. I'd love to get Burns, but I think the absolute most you can expect this season is 50 to 60 points. As Shao pointed out, there still aren't many scoring threats on the Wild. No offense to Havlat owners.

The best is ahead for Burns, but there are many other defencemen I would rather have instead of him so I think you should let that guy in your league take him at fourth overall and smile inwardly.
    Last edited by Scribe; July 21, 2009 at 11:24 AM.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe