Thread: Spezza and Rinne + for Savard and Kiprusoff +

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Spezza and Rinne + for Savard and Kiprusoff +

Good Morning all,

I\'ve been going back and forth on this deal for quite awhile now. Original offer started with me offering Savard and Kipper straight up - no bite. He countered with same players plus my 7th overall in our upcoming prospect draft. I followed that up with the same players, giving up #7 and asking for #10 - again rejected. So the final counter came in this AM with the same 4 players being involved me giving up my #7 and obtaining #16. Am I crazy thinking that this is just too much to give up? I know the other 2 players are younger which has an impact but with our scoring system Kipper was the #1 goalie in the league. I know his starts are going to be reduced next year but conversly how many starts can an owner expect outta Rinne? Should mention that this is a 16 team Dynasty league. Scoring system below, team in sig

Scoring: Head-to-Head, Points Based System.
    Ties go to the team with better G.
    Scoring based on total stats each period.
    Ties in the standings are resolved in this order: Winning Percentage, Total Points.

Scoring for Categories
    +/- - Plus Minus 1 point
    A - Assists 0 points
    FOW - Face-offs won 0.1 points
    G - Goals 0 points
    GA - Goals Against -1 point
    GWG - Game Winning Goals 1 point
    HT - Hat Tricks 5 points
    OTG - OT Goals 2 points
    PIM - Penalty Minutes 0.50 points
    PPA - Power Play Assists 0 points
    PPG - Power Play Goals 0 points
    PSG - Penalty Shot Goals 3 points
    S - Saves 0.2 points
    SHA - Short Handed Assists 2 points
    SHG - Short Handed Goals 3 points
    SHOG - Shootout Goals 2 points
    SO - Shut Outs 10 points
    SOG - Shots on Goal 0.3 points
    W - Wins 10 points

Special Scoring for Centers
    A - Assists 3 points
    G - Goals 5 points
    PPA - Power Play Assists 2 points
    PPG - Power Play Goals 3 points

Special Scoring for Wings
    A - Assists 3 points
    G - Goals 5 points
    PPA - Power Play Assists 2 points

Special Scoring for Defensemen
    A - Assists 5 points
    G - Goals 7 points
    PPA - Power Play Assists 3 points

Special Scoring for Goalies
    A - Assists 3 points

Thanks for the help gents, sorry about the lengthy post.

Have a good one!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

What can you reasonably expect to lose in the draft from 10th to 16th? Because that is the difference at this point between where you are and he is. You obviously think you are getting the better pair in the deal so now it comes down to how much do you want to pay for that difference? I think the gap between 10 and 16 is less than the gap between 7 and 10 so essentially you are talking about paying slightly more than you are already prepared to. I would likely do it and tell him to keep the change.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

this is a great deal for you. As shoeless points out - the difference b/w a 10th and 16th pick is not THAT big. Spezza is the best player in the deal and you\'re buying when his value is down considering an off year and all the heatley talk.

Rinne will not have as many starts as kipper and likely fewer wins - but I wouldnt be surprised to see him post 8-10 shutouts this year in 50 or so starts.

Lastly, the age factor is huge. Both players you\'re getting are 6 years younger than their counterparts. Kipper is 33 and his best years are behind him - I dont think he\'ll ever put up another 45 win season. Pull the trigger.
    12 team H2H Keep 10
    G A +/- PIM STP PIM HIT BLK / W GAA SV SV% SO
    12F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

F: Ovechkin, Mackinnon, Wheeler, E.Kane, Athanasiou, Duchene, JVR, Nyqvist, Buchnevich, DeBrusk, Galchenyuk, Crouse
    D: Josi, Subban, Barrie, Yandle, Nurse, Edler, Schultz
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

Dobber Sports Star

Acquiring Spezza, although an amazing upside I believe his production will be affected by the departure of Dany Heatley.... Alffy will still be there and whatever the package they will receive coming back it won\'t be a 50 goal scoring threat. Another thing to keep an eye on is Spezza\'s injury history. Unfortunately I think there are too many variables to align in order for Spezza to break 100 pts. I think he\'ll do it, but probably only once in his career... his inconsistency will continue to plague him due to his proneness to injury.

That being said, I see Kipper getting off to a better start next year than Spezza... and the way he finished the year this season, his value is also a little low. I\'d hold of and look to move Kipper while he\'s going through a hot stretch early in the year. That bump in value will make this trade with you straight up not including the picks..
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the great responses guys. You all mention issues that have crossed my mind already but it is reasuring to hear them from others. The thing is youth is huge in this league. Often younger and the famous \"upside\" is favoured over better and proven (which is a debate for another day lol)

Keep em\' coming guys!