Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Heatley rumor mill game.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Heatley rumor mill game.

actually i just went and did the research... for the 5 years that Heatley has remaining on his contract Campbell gets paid $700,000 more than Heater... the only difference is that Campbell is signed for 2 years longer.. but the first 5 years are a wash.. so there goes that theory huh??

Dobber Sports Padawan

I\'d be a massive mistake if Murray traded one big contract in exchange for another.

The problem with the Sens is they had all their money tied up in three guys.

This is the perfect opportunity to restock with cheaper options with high potential to better round out the team.

notch wrote:
    Heatley and Schubert for Filatov, Voracek and a 1st
    I\'d fill my pantaloons if this trade came about!

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

HawksGuy wrote:
    actually i just went and did the research... for the 5 years that Heatley has remaining on his contract Campbell gets paid $700,000 more than Heater... the only difference is that Campbell is signed for 2 years longer.. but the first 5 years are a wash.. so there goes that theory huh??
    Except the quality of a player between Heatly and Campbell is different. Heatly deserves what he gets, Campbell gets overpaid.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I definately say VANCOUVER will get HEATLEY.

Danny Heatley
    Jason Smith

for

Kevin Bieska
    M.Grabner
    Vancouver\'s 1st rounder in 2009 NHL draft
    Vancouver\'s 2nd rounder in 2010 NHL draft
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

jL67s wrote:
    +1 for using pantaloons in a sentence!!!!:laugh:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

As a Canucks fan I would Love Heatley but if it costs not resigning the Sedins I wouldn\'t want him.

The Canucks are in a tough spot. Sign the Sedins for 6+ each or try to fill their voids via trades and free agency. You gotta think that with only one year left on Bobby Lu\'s deal they will not blow up the team this off season. If they do it will be next year. Any deal the nucks make will not include Schneider. He is their insurance if Lu leaves.

If MG can get Heatley and keep the Sedins that will be incredible. I just can\'t see that happening with all the depth contracts the Canucks have.

Demitra 4 M
    Burrows 2 M
    Bernier 2 M
    Kesler 1.75 M
    Bieksa 3.75 M
    Salo 3.5 M
    Mitchell 3.5 M
    Edler 3.25 M

I would say that just salary wise more then Bieksa would have to be moved for this to happen

I still think that the best deal would be Edmonton even though it was reported he doesn\'t want to go there. They could afford to loose Gilbert Cogliano and their 1st (10th) pick.
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Heatley for Pronger and a 1st. It\'s almost too obvious
    14 Team Keeper -YahooRoto- Keep 10
    3C-Toews-Thornton-Henrique-Scheifele-Sam Bennett
    3LW-Sedin-Galchenyuk-Kucherov-Hertl-Moulson
    3RW-Nyquist-Vrbata-Downie-T.Wilson-Etem
    5D-OEL-Byfuglien-J.Carlson-Goligoski-Klingberg-Severson-
    2G-Bishop-Luongo-Andersen-Pickard-Greiss-Kinkaid-Hackett
    G,A,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHG,GWG,W,GAA,SP,SHO

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Comish wrote:
    jL67s wrote:
    +1 for using pantaloons in a sentence!!!!:laugh:
    :laugh:
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I still think that if Murray is smart (I know, that\'s a pretty a big IF :unsure: ) he will be able to leverage Heatley into waiving his NMC, because the prospect of having to come back into the Sens dressing room and facing teamates, ...or going out on the ice, or just living in the community among the fans; that he\'s \"quit\" on, HAS to be a nitemare scenario to contemplate facing for Heatley.

I\'d imagine that the idea of sitting out the season, or being forced to explore overseas options; would be equally unappealling.

\"If\" that happens, Heatley\'s value as a \"draw\" or as a means of creating excitement and headlines in a local market, could very well garner the Sens a few offers from some of the \"struggling\" or what are now considered \"undesirable\" teams...

Just in the East, there are a number of teams who would likely be highly interested at that point, who wouldn\'t be deterred by Heatley\'s contract, or baggage, and who could offer Murray a package of younger inexpensive players with upside, and still absorb Heatley under the cap.

The Islander\'s for instance; would always be a wildcard. Heatley\'s contract wouldn\'t scare Charles Wang or Garth Snow out of the competition.

The Panthers, particularly if as expected they lose Bouwmeester, could be scrambling to immediately improve themselves both on the ice, and at the gate.

The Rangers, would have to clear space, and likley couldn\'t get the Sens to take any of the expensive contracts they would have to move in order to afford him, ...but the Rangers have always been willing to throw money and prospects around to aquire established \"name\" players, I\'d imagine they\'ld be willing to do the same to ship one out, particularly if they were motivated by the prospect of aquiring a \"star\" to play the lead role there on Broadway.

The Caps with Heatley, instead of say Semin, and some of the many prospects in the pipeline, would also have to be an intriguing possibility for them to explore...

That\'s just off the top of my head, but I\'m thinking this whole Heatley scene is going to be a lot more interesting and entertaining for us to watch then it already is, and also alot more beneficial to the Sens down the road if Murray and the Sens ownership were willing to play a little hardball by insisting on the waiver of the clause as a condition of their agreeing to trade him.

That most likely would require them to pay the 4 Million dollar bonus, which might be more than the Sens owner is willing to throw into the pot, but if he did the Sens could certainly do better in an open market than they can dealing from a position of weakness with a small number of teams, who each know that they are one of the very limited options available to the Sens.

In my mind, for the good of the organization he\'s paid to represent, Murray has to at least TRY to get the Heatley camp to allow him more options, ...and the only leverage he has; is to float the possibility of Heatley not being traded at all if he doesn\'t.

It\'s hardball, it\'s a high stakes game, and it\'s raising what is already an expensive pot even higher, but it\'s the Sens only chance to win, ...or more accurately, ...to lose a lot less..

A buddy of mine who\'s a poker player, is always telling me that the cards in your hand are far less important than your skill in playing them.

This Heatley situation will be a good example of that, ...Murray can fold, and accept the loss of a \"Marleau for Heatley\" type of crap return, or he can raise 4 Million of his bosses money, and draw some more cards. :laugh:
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

nickel613

Doojins wrote:
    Heatley for Pronger and a 1st. It\'s almost too obvious
    Pronger is a player that is hated by Ottawa fans. Plus there were a fair number of players (and execs - aka - Murray) who seemed pretty pissed with him for a long time after his hit on Deano.

So the odds of trading for Pronger seems to be the most unlikely.

Hell I have a feeling that IF a trade happened with LA and Johnson was coming to the Sens, he would get booed by a fair number of people. There are a lot of Canadians who still remember North Dakota.

I\'m not saying they would be right to boo him, but there would be a solid number that would do it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Flyer Fan wrote:
    ...or he can raise 4 Million of his bosses money, and draw some more cards...
    That is exactly what I would do as GM.

To maximize Heater\'s return the Sens will have to take the hit and pay out the four million bonus, but the players they\'ll get in return will be worth it in the long run.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Sage

Forgive me if someone else posted something along these lines already (I didnt check), but here\'s my offer...

Kobasew, Hunwick, and Lukacevic or Colbourne in exchange for Heatley, thus reuniting the once deadly combo of Savard and Heatley. If anyone watched the skills competition this year, you\'d know that these two are very dear friends...which is what it sounds like Heater is missing at the moment...keep in mind Dany has the final say in whereever he does go.
    @tlucarelli on twitter