Thread: Kelly (and other Sens) more shocked than fans

nickel613

Default Kelly (and other Sens) more shocked than fans

Chris Kelly did an interview this morning on the local Ottawa sports talk radio station (Team 1200).

Among other things he was asked about the Heatley situation.

He said he and the other Sens he has talked to were shocked by the announcement. They had no clue this was coming because no one ever saw or heard about any problems Heater had with Clouston. He said \"it must of all happened behind closed doors, because we didn\'t see it on the ice or in the dressing room\".

Kelly went on to say that it\'s unfortunate because Heatley was a big part of the team and a big reason why they made it to the finals a couple seasons ago. Kelly also had nothing but good things to say about Heatley as a teammate and said he will still only have good things to say about him after he leaves. He said more than once that no one saw this coming and he had no idea Heater wasn\'t happy here any more.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

hmmm, interesting to hear want his teammates have to say about him and the situation. Good post.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yeah, I heard that interview this morning too.

I think Fisher also said he was shocked about the trade demand, in a newspaper interview a couple days after the story broke.

Team mates not noticing anything unusual, tells me it\'s something deeper than just a coaching conflict.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Ofcourse they are shocked, now they are really screwed. They have all probably asked to be traded along with Heatley where ever he may go..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

nickel613 wrote:
    Chris Kelly did an interview this morning on the local Ottawa sports talk radio station (Team 1200).

Among other things he was asked about the Heatley situation.

He said he and the other Sens he has talked to were shocked by the announcement. They had no clue this was coming because no one ever saw or heard about any problems Heater had with Clouston. He said \"it must of all happened behind closed doors, because we didn\'t see it on the ice or in the dressing room\".
    Clearly Kelly is either clueless or Heatley is a professional and didn\'t let his feelings affect his play. I would lean towards Heatley being professional.

Chris Neil is a doofus as well as UFA. Why he would call out Heatley and say what he did (something to the effect that if he doesn\'t want to play in Ottawa, good riddance)?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket