Thread: Phoenix \"Limbo\" Question

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Phoenix \"Limbo\" Question

Just read the following article on TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281936

And it states \"Should Judge Baum award the franchise to Balsillie, it is expected that the NHL would appeal thus putting the Coyotes in limbo for the upcoming season.\"

Now, based on that, if the yotes were \"in limbo\" for the upcoming season, what would happen to their players? IE would all of them be ineligible to play or?

Administrator

Most likely the team would continue to operate normally in Phoenix under league financial control until the issue is resolved. I can\'t see the league temporarily removing one team from competition.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think this means both Bettman and Balsillie will have a \"LIMBO\" competitiion and the winner gets to do what they want with the Phoenix franchise.

Oh and the song is going to be \"red,red,wine\" HAHA..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Phoenix

Zorro wrote:
    I think this means both Bettman and Balsillie will have a \"LIMBO\" competitiion and the winner gets to do what they want with the Phoenix franchise.

Oh and the song is going to be \"red,red,wine\" HAHA..
    HAHA!!! That\'s a good one!

Dobber Sports Sage

I hope that the Coyotes stay in Phoenix for next season and then move. Me, being the selfish guy that I am, want to make a road trip to Jobing.com arena and catch a game before the move. After that, I dont care at all. Move to Hamilton.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

dub, it definately is a beautiful rink, I was there in March. The sad part was the arena was only half full, so that sucked. But for the fans that were there they seemed to really care, kids had thier faces painted, almost everyone had a Yotes jersey on. And during the intermission Turris and Dawes were signing autograph\'s and the line up to see them was massive..

The atmosphere outside the rink after the game was rocking aswell, lots of restaurants/bars and things to do. It was really nice. The Arizona Cardinals stadium is just a parking lot aswell..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Phoenix

ericdaoust wrote:
    Most likely the team would continue to operate normally in Phoenix under league financial control until the issue is resolved. I can\'t see the league temporarily removing one team from competition.
    Ok, so if that\'s true, and the league would control the yote\'s, would they be able to make any moves? Or would they be in \"lock down\" until the case was decided?